Help me identify this song please

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Tom C

Help me identify this song please

Postby Tom C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 am

After two years of racking my brain, asking friends and intensive Internet searching I have failed to solve a nagging memory just on the fringe of accessible memory. So I come to this board for help.

I am trying to identify the name of a song and the band whose song it was. I have VERY little to go on here, but I'm hoping some old-schoolers with good memories may have this one stashed away in their collection.

Literally the only thing I know for sure is that the song started with the vocalist singing the line "Can you hear me" at which point the rest of the band joined in. It was sort of a dark, moody song slower tempo song. Not a high pitched singer at all.

My best guess for era would be early to mid 2000's? I seem to associate it with the clone era when it was cool to be prog and tons of bands got labeled prog, just because.

That's all I got.

However just for fun, and not AT ALL because I think it will be helpful (because time has a fun way of distorting memories), here are three things I THINK I remember, so if anyone knows who I'm thinking of, let me know how far off I am...

I THINK there were three band members and I THINK they possibly all sang lead vocals on different songs.
I THINK the song I'm thinking of was track 3
I THINK the production was pretty typical for that era fairly flat and lifeless but I think maybe the kick drums had more 'click' than 'thud.'

Anyone?

Tom

Philbert

Re: Help me identify this song please

Postby Philbert » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 pm

"Move Me (Part Two)" by King's X checks a few of the boxes, though it has some guitar in the intro before Ty Tabor (the guitarist with a somewhat high voice) starts singing with the line "God can you hear me". Band's a trio with all members providing vocals, though the drummer only sang lead on one or two songs they recorded. That song was track 10 from the album they released in 2000, 'Please Come Home...Mr. Bulbous.' Production is kind of flat and muddy, song is slower and moody (but not dark.)

Probably not the song you were looking for, but was the closest match I could fine.

Tom C

Postby Tom C » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:58 am

Thanks. It's definitely not King's X. The band I'm thinking of was definitely not a well known band at all.

I'm probably wrong about there being three band members and all of that, but I know the song started with the vocalist singing "Can you hear me."
Technically "can you" were pickup notes with the music coming in on "hear".

Thanks for your input.

Tom

ayreon1

Postby ayreon1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:11 pm

This one has been bugging me the last days - and now I might have figured it out…
Can it be Arena - The Great Escape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yfZPdKVak

Return to “PM: Core”