Saw " A Quiet Place " in the movies........

Off-topic Discussion for PMers (3 Drink Minimum)

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Saw " A Quiet Place " in the movies........

Postby LarryD » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 am

My daughter treated me to a movie the other day, and it was A Quiet Place....... I won't put any spoilers in here in case someone is got it on their radar, but if you are into monster / innovative movies, this one would do you well ...... go look up the trailers on You Tube, and you will get the idea of what this movie is about......

If anyone responds to this post, I'll give out some more information ...... but I'm giving this a thumbs up as it's very different in concept, and it will keep you at the edge of your seat in sheer fear....... it's not a blood and gore fest, it's a genuinely creepy, terror filled, superbly written modern horror film that uses suspense instead of the usual gore and hacks to instill the fear....... 8 / 10.

GaetanL

Re: Saw " A Quiet Place " in the movies........

Postby GaetanL » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:25 pm

I take note of it Larry.

I'm currently exploring the entire filmography of the Canadian director David Cronenberg... I've just watched his movie "eXistenZ" (1999) and I like it. I have the DVD and his audio commentary is also interesting like in his other movies I have seen... I have seen all his movies before "eXistenZ" and the one after (Spider (2002)). The next one I will watch is probably "A History of Violence" (2005).

In an interview he said that in a conference a movie fan said that his movie "Shivers" was a copy of the movie Alien (1979). His answer: Shivers was released before Alien! :shock:
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

Return to “PM: Pub”