Re: Myrath - Shehili in stock

Post by ToddS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:35 pm

Order placed for that and a few more. :D
"My songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold"

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 am

Hell yeah !!!!! Ordered this and the Stone Leaders disc .......... Bring on the Myrath DVD concert !!!!!!!!

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Thu May 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Larry, I just bought the same. I heard a second track from Stone Leaders and that sold me.

Nos

Post by Nos » Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 am

The new record is good, but I don't think it's as good as "Legacy" was. It feels like a slightly tamer version of that one. The good parts are all still there, but it isn't quite as sharp.

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Nos wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 am
The new record is good, but I don't think it's as good as "Legacy" was. It feels like a slightly tamer version of that one. The good parts are all still there, but it isn't quite as sharp.
No one asked for your opinion.

Don't shit in my post.

Nos

Post by Nos » Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Don't shit in my post.
What the hell, man? Since when is "the new record is good" shitting on something?

Guillaume

Post by Guillaume » Fri May 03, 2019 2:08 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Nos wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
WTF man?? Noone can post an opinion when you post about something? Nice way of thinking on a forum...

Stevie WOnder

Post by Stevie WOnder » Fri May 03, 2019 3:52 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Nos wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
Is it that time of the month already Ken? 😉
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Fri May 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Stevie WOnder wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:52 pm
LASERCD wrote:
Nos wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
Yes and I'm taking names.

Stevie WOnder

Post by Stevie WOnder » Fri May 03, 2019 4:31 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:05 pm
Stevie WOnder wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:52 pm
LASERCD wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
Yes and I'm taking names.
Bold italic blue for me please.
"Manowar rules!!!" - Larry D

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri May 03, 2019 4:45 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Nos wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
I see what you did there .... too funny!!!
Those that don’t get the joke hasn’t been around the PM forums long enough ;)
Claus Jensen

Guillaume

Post by Guillaume » Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 pm

introclaus wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:45 pm
LASERCD wrote:
Nos wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
I have been around since the beginning and don't get it. I'm not the only one. Educate me please.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri May 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Guillaume wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 pm
introclaus wrote:
LASERCD wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
I have been around since the beginning and don't get it. I'm not the only one. Educate me please.
It’s a standing joke back from a time when Zane (cdinzane) went crazy on several people on the PRogPower Forum (or one of the PM boards?) for talking negatively about items he were trying to promote/sell on the forum. So every time he posted about a new item for sale and people commented on it in a way he didn’t like he gone all bezerk and told them not to shit all over “his thread”!
Claus Jensen

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Sat May 04, 2019 9:18 am

introclaus wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Guillaume wrote:
introclaus wrote:

It’s a standing joke back from a time when Zane (cdinzane) went crazy on several people on the PRogPower Forum (or one of the PM boards?) for talking negatively about items he were trying to promote/sell on the forum. So every time he posted about a new item for sale and people commented on it in a way he didn’t like he gone all bezerk and told them not to shit all over “his thread”!
Woooowwww I remember that. What happened with that dude, anyway? Like, he was cool once and then...well...insane.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Mardoch wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:18 am
introclaus wrote:
Guillaume wrote:

Woooowwww I remember that. What happened with that dude, anyway? Like, he was cool once and then...well...insane.
I started out in a rough path with him, but somehow we managed to patch things up and he really helped get the PRogPower CD sampler in place for us (we needed a new printing company and he brokered a really great deal for us that we’ve now used for the last 7-8 years). I haven’t talked to him in a long time but he was always super helpful and pleasant in all the dealings I have had with him.

Seeing how we’ve totally derailed Ken’s thread now I’m wondering if I’m making it into the golden ones bad-list ;)
Claus Jensen

gazinwales

Post by gazinwales » Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Nos wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm
LASERCD wrote:

Don't shit in my post.
What the hell, man? Since when is "the new record is good" shitting on something?

Seriously you just don't get it and then act surprised when someone calls you out for it?
You 'hijack' nearly every thread on the other board with your own agenda and negativity.

I suggest that you look up and learn noticeboard and forum etiquette.
What you continually do is rude, and disrespectful to say the least to the original thread starter.

Nos

Post by Nos » Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 am

gazinwales wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 pm
Seriously you just don't get it and then act surprised when someone calls you out for it?
You 'hijack' nearly every thread on the other board with your own agenda and negativity.

What you continually do is rude, and disrespectful to say the least to the original thread starter.
People are seriously getting bothered that I said I preferred the last album to this one? I thought sharing opinions was the whole point of a forum.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am

Nos wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 am
gazinwales wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 pm

People are seriously getting bothered that I said I preferred the last album to this one? I thought sharing opinions was the whole point of a forum.
I agree with you - we should all be able to share our opinions without anyone getting pissed off about it.

Again, Ken's comment was a throwback to an old internal joke which went completely over your head because you haven't been on these forums long enough to know any better, but other than that I think most people just don't like you. It is what it is. This isn't a competition about who is the most likeable person, so honestly you shouldn't give a shit about what other people think.

The best way to move on is to post relevant stuff (which I think you do), tone down the negativity a bit (which you probably should do if you asked me), and stop playing the victim-role (which you do all the time). Then again, you could also chose to continue just like you always have, and that's fine with me as well, because I don't give a crap whether or not you're posting on any threads I start as long as you stay on topic. I enjoy a good conversation where people argue for why they don't agree with my opinion on certain things, and here we discuss music.

Now, as for the Myrath album:
I like it. Great production, good songs - it sounds more like a "SymX light" in large parts than what I had hoped for (not that I don't like SymX). There are parts where they go all Arabic on us, which is their force, and I'm loving every second of that. The Tunesian sound is awesome, and there should be more of it. Where I think they had the best "blend" of the prog with Arabic/Tunesian folk on "Tales of the Sand" there's little doubt that they've increased the melodic aspect on these last 2 albums, with "Shehili" being super melodic all throughout. I think it's too early to tell if it'll match up with "Legacy", but I personally still prefer "Tales...".

And just to make grumpy Ken happy - I'll order a copy from you next week (along w the Port Noir, duh!) just so I also have the physical copy of it, rather than just the iTunes version.
Claus Jensen

Nos

Post by Nos » Sun May 05, 2019 11:21 am

introclaus wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am
Again, Ken's comment was a throwback to an old internal joke which went completely over your head because you haven't been on these forums long enough to know any better
It seems like it went over many heads.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Sun May 05, 2019 11:43 am

I've been on the forums since 1997, and I had no clue either lol! I knew it was out of character so after a few seconds to process the response I figured there was more to it.

BTW NOS, incongruent opinions are just fine here so keep posting. I don't particularly care for some of the stuff posted here and I'm damn sure a high percentage of what I post isn't for everybody. I've found you have some valid counter-points and have bought a few discs based on your rec.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun May 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Nos wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:21 am
introclaus wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am
Again, Ken's comment was a throwback to an old internal joke which went completely over your head because you haven't been on these forums long enough to know any better
It seems like it went over many heads.
The point of an internal joke is that not everyone will get it. For those that do, it’s hilarious. For those that don’t? Oh well... stop sweating the little stuff man, just enjoy posting on a forum where music is the main thing. Leave the fights to the other boards and just comment on music like you’ve typically done here.
Claus Jensen

Chris R

Post by Chris R » Sun May 05, 2019 11:05 pm

introclaus wrote:
Guillaume wrote:
introclaus wrote:

That would be the Prog Power forum because I don't ever remember him posting on PMX
And yes I remember this joke quite a bit
Tarja is a female woman

BumZen

Post by BumZen » Mon May 06, 2019 2:00 am

I didn't understand the reference, but I still read it as a joke.
With that said, I think I'll have to wait a few months, and then listen to the album again. It did nothing for me, which is weird, but maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. :-)
Skambamse

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Mon May 06, 2019 11:03 am

In the interest of getting down to the disc itself -- I locked this thread and started another one ...... now if I'm going to catch shit for locking the thread - then let me know and you can have at it ...... :wink: