Mother of Millions- Artifacts

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Harvester

Mother of Millions- Artifacts

Post by Harvester » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Am I the only one stoked for their new concept album coming out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sma0EXV_m2I

introclaus

Re: Mother of Millions- Artifacts

Post by introclaus » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:11 pm

Harvester wrote:Am I the only one stoked for their new concept album coming out?

Loved the last one - looking forward to this one :)
Claus Jensen

devomeister

Post by devomeister » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:52 am

Sigma was my favorite album of 2017, and Poem was my favorite album last year, so yeah, just a little eager for this one.
Check out my professional portfolio:
https://chris_devo.artstation.com/

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm

I hope everyone made sure to get hold of this album when it was released this Friday, as this is a clear contender for Album Of The Year. Right now it's kicking even Soen to the dust!!!

This album has everything you need in a modern prog metal release - it's atmospheric, it has incredible melodies, and obviously fantastic musicianship ... and where Soen lacks just the last little touch (the singer spot), Mother Of Millions has one of the very best vocalists in the current prog scene in George Prokopiou (also known from Poem). That guy has got to be the most amazing vocalist in the current scene to not have been snatched up by a bigger band - he is incredible.

It's interesting to think that this album seem to have the same influences as Soen (Tool, Opeth) but the end result is quite different from that. I also get a Pain of Salvation, Boil and even Kingcrow vibe from this disc. What a fantastic album.
Claus Jensen

venidominefan

Post by venidominefan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:02 pm

Harvester wrote:Am I the only one stoked for their new concept album coming out?

Sounds good to me!
This is your brain on guitar...
Bandcamp >
CDBaby >
Soundcloud >
Spotify >

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:24 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm
I hope everyone made sure to get hold of this album when it was released this Friday, as this is a clear contender for Album Of The Year. Right now it's kicking even Soen to the dust!!!

This album has everything you need in a modern prog metal release - it's atmospheric, it has incredible melodies, and obviously fantastic musicianship ... and where Soen lacks just the last little touch (the singer spot), Mother Of Millions has one of the very best vocalists in the current prog scene in George Prokopiou (also known from Poem). That guy has got to be the most amazing vocalist in the current scene to not have been snatched up by a bigger band - he is incredible.

It's interesting to think that this album seem to have the same influences as Soen (Tool, Opeth) but the end result is quite different from that. I also get a Pain of Salvation, Boil and even Kingcrow vibe from this disc. What a fantastic album.
So I wasn't completely convinced by the single on youtube. I thought it was good, and I ordered it because of your firm words here. I got it in the other day and wow it's extremely good. I agree with your same influence input but different output statement. It's heavy, it's got soul and feeling, mad chops, wonderful vocals...it's just got all the goods.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Mardoch wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:24 pm
introclaus wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm

So I wasn't completely convinced by the single on youtube. I thought it was good, and I ordered it because of your firm words here. I got it in the other day and wow it's extremely good. I agree with your same influence input but different output statement. It's heavy, it's got soul and feeling, mad chops, wonderful vocals...it's just got all the goods.
I'm happy to hear that - it's locked in steady as my number 1 album of the year so far, and the only one that I foresee changing that is the upcoming Port Noir (unless Leprous manages to put out an album this year as well).

c.
Claus Jensen

Man Of Much Metal

Post by Man Of Much Metal » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Absolutely loving this disc...I may be late to the party, but better late than never...the atmospheres, the melodies, the vocals...the everything...What a cracking disc this is. I can't wait to see them at PPEU 2020, it proves to be a wonderful experience.

Full review: https://manofmuchmetal.com/2019/11/28/m ... um-review/
Matt
The Man of Much Metal
The Blog Of Much Metal: https://manofmuchmetal.com/

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Man Of Much Metal wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:15 pm
Absolutely loving this disc...I may be late to the party, but better late than never...the atmospheres, the melodies, the vocals...the everything...What a cracking disc this is. I can't wait to see them at PPEU 2020, it proves to be a wonderful experience.

Full review: https://manofmuchmetal.com/2019/11/28/m ... um-review/
Fantastic disc. As I said long time ago, only two albums were able to move it from the number 1 spot ...
Claus Jensen