Scary movies coming out in 2017 ?

Off-topic Discussion for PMers (3 Drink Minimum)

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Scary movies coming out in 2017 ?

Postby LarryD » Tue May 23, 2017 7:56 am

For those of who like me that are scared of horror movies, but like really good ones, go on you Tube and check out the "most scariest movies coming in 2017" .......

Some of the trailers that blew my mind and scared me for the complete 2 min it was on ..........

It Comes at Night - this looks like an apocolyptic type movie with humans infected with some virus and a bunch of "normals" trapped in a cabin in the woods. "Do not open that red door, it's the only way in and out".........

The Dark Tower - based off the Steven King novel, it looked bad ass until they used the word "gun slinger" which is he who hunts the devil.

IT - Steven King's original IT being re-done. While the original wasn't that scary, this one looks beyond creepy, especially if you don't like clowns.

The Monster - Mother and daughter trapped in a car, in the woods, at night - but don't get out cause there is something nasty out there. I loved this one.

Ghost Story - I couldn't figure this one out, it doesn't look scary, but the fact that there was someone in a white sheet standing behind the characters no matter where they went, tells me it's a metaphor for something, and not an actual person.

Annabelle 2- pass. The 1st one wasn't scary at all.

47 Meters Down - yep, another Great White Shark movie. The Shallows sucked ass. This time, 2 women are in a shark diving cage that breaks and sinks to the bottom with huge, nasty, digitized great white sharks swimming around them and trying to get at them. Running out of air, now what ? I love movies like this but they always suck......

The Strangers / Part 2 - One of the scariest movies ever, was the original The Strangers. That movie is my worst nightmare. I say don't make a Part 2 because they would have to make it scarier to work. And it looks it.

Check them out when you can ............

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Scary movies coming out in 2017 ?

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Tue May 23, 2017 12:58 pm

The Dark Tower - based off the Steven King novel, it looked bad ass until they used the word "gun slinger" which is he who hunts the devil.

Good series of books, but this is definitely not "scary" by any means. It's much more of a cross-over genre piece (sci-fi, western, action, all kinds of stuff) rather than horror in any way.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Tue May 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Sir Exar Kun wrote:

Good series of books, but this is definitely not "scary" by any means. It's much more of a cross-over genre piece (sci-fi, western, action, all kinds of stuff) rather than horror in any way.

***Check out those other trailers when you can ---- some scary stuff in there ........... :twisted:

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 am

Scary movies are rarely, if ever, my cup of tea. I'll take a good Alien movie now and again, but that's about as far as it goes.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed May 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Sir Exar Kun wrote:Scary movies are rarely, if ever, my cup of tea. I'll take a good Alien movie now and again, but that's about as far as it goes.

***Me too ... I'm not a huge fan of horror. Every now and then we like to watch a GOOD scary movie, and there are hardly any really good ones .... most of the time we will try one that has been recommended to us and after the movie we ask why we bothered.... that happens more often than not.

We are Alien, Predator, Jurassic Park type fans here for the most part .........

nvandyk

Postby nvandyk » Wed May 31, 2017 12:55 am

I haven't seen it, but everybody says Get Out is brilliant. Scary, funny, original and altogether great.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed May 31, 2017 11:42 am

nvandyk wrote:I haven't seen it, but everybody says Get Out is brilliant. Scary, funny, original and altogether great.

***I forgot about this one and the other one about the insane asylum....... Get Out looks pretty horrifying and realistic for me...... Dont know I could watch that one........ But the trailers were scary shit indeed........

Nick - where the he'll are you ? :)

Judas

Postby Judas » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:15 am

LarryD wrote:For those of who like me that are scared of horror movies, but like really good ones, go on you Tube and check out the "most scariest movies coming in 2017" .......

Some of the trailers that blew my mind and scared me for the complete 2 min it was on ..........

It Comes at Night - this looks like an apocolyptic type movie with humans infected with some virus and a bunch of "normals" trapped in a cabin in the woods. "Do not open that red door, it's the only way in and out".........

IT - Steven King's original IT being re-done. While the original wasn't that scary, this one looks beyond creepy, especially if you don't like clowns.

The Monster - Mother and daughter trapped in a car, in the woods, at night - but don't get out cause there is something nasty out there. I loved this one.

Ghost Story - I couldn't figure this one out, it doesn't look scary, but the fact that there was someone in a white sheet standing behind the characters no matter where they went, tells me it's a metaphor for something, and not an actual person.

Annabelle 2- pass. The 1st one wasn't scary at all.

47 Meters Down - yep, another Great White Shark movie. The Shallows sucked ass. This time, 2 women are in a shark diving cage that breaks and sinks to the bottom with huge, nasty, digitized great white sharks swimming around them and trying to get at them. Running out of air, now what ? I love movies like this but they always suck......

The Strangers / Part 2 - One of the scariest movies ever, was the original The Strangers. That movie is my worst nightmare. I say don't make a Part 2 because they would have to make it scarier to work. And it looks it.

Check them out when you can ............

I don't know , I have mixed feelings for "scary" movies (maybe "scary" is something totally different for me :) )

I like horror movies based mostly on mystery (loved the exorcist,the thing) think that movies like bell something , chainsaw (I think) are mostly dumb, the gore movies (texas.... for example) are for 12 year olds max.

IT is the only one on that list that interests me (I liked the II part "original") , and after reading your post and others refer to it
The Dark Tower is something I'll look into.

I liked the topic :) .

Judas

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:30 am

I take note of the movies mentioned in this thread.
Last edited by GaetanL on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

GaetanL

Postby GaetanL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:01 pm

LarryD wrote:and the other one about the insane asylum

Larry, what movie are you referring to?
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:38 pm

GaetanL wrote:
LarryD wrote:and the other one about the insane asylum

Larry, what movie are you referring to?

***A Cure for Wellness ........ bizarre.

Return to “PM: Pub”