Saw "The Revenant" the other night ......(spoilers)

Off-topic Discussion for PMers (3 Drink Minimum)

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Saw "The Revenant" the other night ......(spoilers)

Postby LarryD » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:12 pm

.....and I had a tough time staying awake. I let the great reviews sway me into checking this one out, and I had people over to watch as well. One word - BORING.

The scenery was awesome ...... but that's it. The dialogue was unintelligible due to the accents of the characters, Leonardo DiCaprio hardly talks at all throughout the movie, and the ending was less than exciting. I was very underwhelmed and surprised at how slow and unexciting this movie is ........everywhere I read it got great reviews, it makes you wonder how rigged the Hollywood movie system really is ......... watcher beware. :cry:

Digital Man

Re: Saw "The Revenant" the other night ......(spoilers)

Postby Digital Man » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Interesting. I have this in my Netflix queue, so I'll eventually check it out and see what i think.
Güy

Digital Man

Re: Saw "The Revenant" the other night ......(spoilers)

Postby Digital Man » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:39 pm

I watched this over the weekend and enjoyed it. I will agree with you that the dialog was hard to understand. However, I always have a hard time understanding dialog on TV and in noisy environments. So I always turn on the closed captioning which really helps me follow dialog I can't understand. I've had my hearing checked and they say it's fine. So maybe I can't blame Devin Townsend for my hearing trouble after all.
Güy

Return to “PM: Pub”