Hillary officially tossed her hat into the ring. It's over.

Off-topic Discussion for PMers (3 Drink Minimum)

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Russ

Hillary officially tossed her hat into the ring. It's over.

Postby Russ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Getting Warren for VP would likely lock up the whole thing this year, leaving the misogynistic Neo - Tards in the GOP foaming at the mouth in muted outrage. They should take some consolation in knowing that [at least] she's not black.

2016 keeps looking better and better.
Education is the science of knowing TRUTH.
Miseducation is the art of absorbing FALSITY.
TRUTH is that which is, not that which ain’t.
FALSITY is that which ain’t, not that what is.

Ascension

Postby Ascension » Mon May 18, 2015 2:39 pm

This country is doomed.

I do like Ben Carson...about the only hope l have.

Russ

Postby Russ » Wed May 20, 2015 11:07 pm

I have some bad news for you. Carson has no chance of getting the GOP nomination. There are too many things going against him.

Buddy Roemer was the last viable option, but he bucked the system, which instantly marginalized him.

Random Axe

Postby Random Axe » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Trump just tossed his toupee in as well. Look out...

At least with him we'd be in a country making our own money rather than borrowing it from China. I already told Andy Engberg if Hillary is elected for him to find me an apartment over there...

Russ

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:28 pm

I need some Trump swag. He needs to stay in the race for as long as humanly possible. At least until Colbert gets back on the air.

A Trump/Santorum ticket would be the ultimate dream team.

"Folks, it just doesn't get any better than this." (Stephen King)

Russ

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Oh wait! Colbert responded! hahaha

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/06/video-step ... ald-trump/

Sadly it's a rather unfunny clip. shrug......

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:24 am

I want to believe that there are too many skeletons in her closet for her to get elected ..... I'm hoping that the rest of the country feels the same way......

BC

Postby BC » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Bernie is coming on strong as this email BS keeps hounding Hillary. People are really starting to listen to his message.
Is a song titled "Everybody Dies" supposed to sound so happy?
Doom, gloom, the World goes boom! None will be spared, so don't assume. Not ragged clothed nor silver spooned. You're all the same when extinction looms!

Russ

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

BC wrote:Bernie is coming on strong as this email BS keeps hounding Hillary. People are really starting to listen to his message.

Bernie's got a great platform. When he first started running someone must have tried to sabotage him by pulling up an old article he'd written. The email scandal has replaced Benghazi as the neocon mating... errr rallying cry. I don't see him having the traction of Clinton, but time will tell.

The tenor of the email "crisis" sounds eerily similar to the Benghazi rhetoric. Unless she did something truly inept I don't see it having a long-term effect; however, a lot of voters won't look past the sound bites, and that's how we ended up in our current predicament.

The next six months will be quite interesting. Has anyone else noticed how Jeb is still around? It seems like he's following in Romney's footsteps - let the others implode, try to minimize the dumb, and keep plunging onward. He seems to be positioning himself for the financial battle of attrition that's dominated our recent political landscape - and sponsored by your favorite lobbyists and corporate benefactors. :)

Russ

Re: Hillary officially tossed her hat into the ring. It's over.

Postby Russ » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Boom! (mic drop)

Nos

Postby Nos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm at the older end of Bernie's demographic, but this is the moment I've been waiting eight years for. I was excited to vote for her in the primary in 08, again this year, and once again in the fall.

Like her or not, this is something America needs.

Russ

Postby Russ » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:23 am

What's fascinating is that Bernie is left of Kucinich (who received around 4% of the vote in '08) yet he received 46% of the vote. I'm sure there are a number of factors that contributed to this, but damn that's impressive. He has influenced Hillary's platform (for the better I believe).....

More importantly, this bodes well for the future... it'should a good thing imo that so many people are so sick of "the establishment" that they're willing to get behind an anti-establishment politician to let their voices be heard. I hope it shakes up the Democratic Party.

Trump should be a warning of what will happen to the Dems if they don't make adjustments.

Change is good.

And yeah. ... I voted for Hillary twice in '08 (lol) and look forward to voting for her this fall.

Nos

Postby Nos » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:54 am

Russ wrote:What's fascinating is that Bernie is left of Kucinich (who received around 4% of the vote in '08) yet he received 46% of the vote. I'm sure there are a number of factors that contributed to this, but damn that's impressive. He has influenced Hillary's platform (for the better I believe).....

This is just a gut feeling, along with one poll the NYT did of Bernie supporters, but I think the main reason behind his rise wasn't so much anything to do with his positions (because many don't seem to care - heck, look at how many are open to Trump), but instead are driven by a reactionary hatred of Hillary. For whatever reasons, she has a large number of people even in her own party who simply hate her for who she is.

Russ

Postby Russ » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:05 pm

It's bizarre. What I found fascinating is how many Sanders supporters embraced Tea Party rhetoric to describe/malign Hillary. They also lambasted Bill, not only for his affair, but his policies. Then there's the whole conspiracy theory whack-a-doodle angle ... that all of this was somehow orchestrated by Hillary....voter fraud, Biden not running, Bernie failing to follow the rules, the voters removed from the voter rolls, the limited number of polling places, the lack of debates, and even Trump running were all part of Hillary's grand scheme. Yes, Trump is running for president because of Hillary.... isn't it obvious?

Some even pointed this week that AP's announcing Hillary being the Presumptive nominee was somehow being orchestrated by Hillary herself, and proof that the MSM is in Hillary's pocket.

The tinfoil hat industry made a killing this season.

Nos

Postby Nos » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:23 pm

And if you dared brig up votes Bernie actually took, or that Jane bankrupted a college out of existence, it blew their little minds. There was a stunning degree of willful ignorance.

Russ

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:04 pm

At least Bernie was able to scrape enough crumbs together to buy that third house. I wish I had three houses.... hell, I wish I had 3 extra rooms to fill with Star Trek merch. :) lol

and what's up with Trump? He's replacing team members faster than Hair Club for Men Club touches up his Super Weave.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:27 am

To me - at this point - it's more of grabbing the popcorn and sitting back and watching a reality TV show - IF, nothing else is on. And there is always something else on........thankfully.

Nos

Postby Nos » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 am

I might agree with you, Larry, except for the fact that Trump has made it acceptable in the mainstream now for politicians to be crude, racist, and utterly divorced from facts. He is single-handedly dumbing down the entire world of politics (yes, even more than before). It used to be funny, but when white nationalists are actively cheering on a candidate for giving them hope, it's moved over to scary.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:46 am

Nos wrote:I might agree with you, Larry, except for the fact that Trump has made it acceptable in the mainstream now for politicians to be crude, racist, and utterly divorced from facts. He is single-handedly dumbing down the entire world of politics (yes, even more than before). It used to be funny, but when white nationalists are actively cheering on a candidate for giving them hope, it's moved over to scary.

***Oh yeah -- I totally agree with you ...... it's become pathetic and embarassing. And yes, it has moved to scary, and my popcorn comment was just that ..... my way of dealing with the scary. It really isn't funny anymore, and like you said = politics was dumbed down to begin with, and now it's down to other levels. Shame on those who let this happen, and continue to happen......

Russ

Postby Russ » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:36 pm

It would be nice if we had a number of viable candidates who represented the various segments of society in a positive light.

Russ

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:33 am

She crushed him tonight. It will be interesting to see how many voters she picked up. A lot of 3rd party voters are now supporting her.....

Nos

Postby Nos » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am

Russ wrote:She crushed him tonight. It will be interesting to see how many voters she picked up. A lot of 3rd party voters are now supporting her.....

That was, to be crude, a complete skull-fucking orchestrated on Trump. When you get to the point of saying you're proud of treating the President as a second-class citizen, and defending that women DESERVED to be called pigs and dogs, you've officially become the dumbest person to ever run for President.

Holy God did he get annihilated.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 am

Nos wrote:
Russ wrote:She crushed him tonight. It will be interesting to see how many voters she picked up. A lot of 3rd party voters are now supporting her.....

That was, to be crude, a complete skull-fucking orchestrated on Trump. When you get to the point of saying you're proud of treating the President as a second-class citizen, and defending that women DESERVED to be called pigs and dogs, you've officially become the dumbest person to ever run for President.

Holy God did he get annihilated.

***She laid waste to him. Problem is, that's not hard to do -- she knew it and her campaign knew it. Anyone who is voting for him, and didn't believe that could happen surely proves they ( and he ) don't live in reality. I'm embarassed for him - and for our country. I can see the foreigners laughing and clapping over the reality TV show that it was.

Russ

Postby Russ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:54 am

I think the most soberng moment occurred when Clinton assured other countries that we will honor our agreements. If that didn't give viewers a reason to pause and reflect upon what they were witnessing, and just how much political integrity has been lost over the past 30 years due due to corporatism and the corrupting influence of special interests with deep pockets, then I don't know if there's any hope.

Ascension

Postby Ascension » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Nos

Postby Nos » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Trump's an admitted criminal, and there is no 'second' investigation into Hillary. All we have is the FBI showing that they're as incompetent as Congress.

Ascension

Postby Ascension » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Meh...parsing of words. Nevertheless, the investigation period makes Killary a pathetic excuse for a candidate. Cmon Dims, can't you do better than this crook?

Nos

Postby Nos » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:24 pm

There is almost 100% odds that Trump is being investigated for his connections to Russia.... not to mention he's a sex criminal. You really want to compare?

Ascension

Postby Ascension » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 pm

No investigation that I'm aware of concerning Trump. Just personal indictments based on bias...getting tons of MSM coverage, again biased. I haven't endorsed any candidate. But, I know it won't be that piece of shit Killary. Ya'll can swallow that turd if you want to. :lol:

Nos

Postby Nos » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Yes, no one is aware, because the FBI is actually following protocol with Trump.

Your use of that pejorative, misogynistic nickname invalidates anything you've ever said. If you start from an absurd point, you can never be taken seriously.

Adios.

Sir Exar Kun

Postby Sir Exar Kun » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Somehow, finding out Ascension is a Trump backer is the least surprising story of the week.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:19 am

I think we are doomed either way ---- regardless of who one backs. But yes, the question remains - to both Dems and Pubs, is this the best you all came up with ?
How many eligible politicians in the USA and these are the (2) that we are having to endure ? Embarrassing.

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:48 am

LarryD wrote:I think we are doomed either way ---- regardless of who one backs. But yes, the question remains - to both Dems and Pubs, is this the best you all came up with ?
How many eligible politicians in the USA and these are the (2) that we are having to endure ? Embarrassing.

I voted for Gary Johnson
No I didn't throw my vote away like some imbiciles will tell me,
I refuse to play the part the media want me to and vote for one of these 2 losers...neither of these 2 are unqualified to run this country for various reasons ...
Tarja is a female woman

Russ

Postby Russ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:15 pm

What interesting times we live in.

Chris R

Postby Chris R » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Yeah...and I didn't get a sticker because as usual I had to do mail in
Tarja is a female woman

Return to “PM: Pub”