The Conjuring 2...

Off-topic Discussion for PMers (3 Drink Minimum)

Moderators: TROY or maybe DEBBIE, Stevie WOnder, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

The Conjuring 2...

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:03 am

Typically, sequels are mediocre at best. However, I found this one to be very good. It started slow, but came around and became quite entertaining. If you like horror flicks with a decent story - definitely check it out. This one has more moments than the original that might make you jump.

Russ

Re: The Conjuring 2...

Postby Russ » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I've been on the fence about this since the first commercial. I hoped for the best, but feared they had succumbed to mainstream pressure and altered the film's nostalgic patina, which I loved.
Education is the science of knowing TRUTH.
Miseducation is the art of absorbing FALSITY.
TRUTH is that which is, not that which ain’t.
FALSITY is that which ain’t, not that what is.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:40 pm

The first one was bleh ....... I watched the trailer for Part 2 the other night and it looked horrifying. I don't watch too many horror flicks as they tend to stay with me and I carry them around for quite some time ...... I like good ones, and Part 2 looks great on trailer but a bit too scary for me ........

Now, The Boy -- stay clear. Watched that the other night, and it was awful. It started out ok, and turned into crap about 3/4 of the way thru ... the ending is completely butchered.......

Hearing Aid Man

Postby Hearing Aid Man » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:26 pm

New movie called Lights Out (July 22?) which looks creepy. Check out the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LiKKFZyhRU

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 am

Hearing Aid Man wrote:New movie called Lights Out (July 22?) which looks creepy. Check out the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LiKKFZyhRU

***No f@#$%g way I could watch that one .......... I wouldn't turn out the lights for a month. Not happening. :shock:

Russ

Postby Russ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:30 pm

I watched tc2 last week.... screamed like a little kid a few times, and then laughed. It was quite enjoyable. A nice follow-up.

It seemed like the ending had a nod towards the original Amityville Horror. But I liked it.
Education is the science of knowing TRUTH.

Miseducation is the art of absorbing FALSITY.

TRUTH is that which is, not that which ain’t.

FALSITY is that which ain’t, not that what is.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:03 am

I watched tc2 last week.... screamed like a little kid a few times, and then laughed. It was quite enjoyable. A nice follow-up.

***I'm not sure I'd be laughing through this one, but we will watch this at some point. Like I said, I don't watch a lot of horror movies as they tend to stay with me for long periods of time, but eventually I get to the good ones......

On the list recently -

The Boy - did watch this one, and it was good for about an hour, then fizzled and then crashed and burned.

The Visit - everyone I talked to said this one sucked pretty much, and someone at work spoiled it for me right out of the box, then I saw one scene where grandpa takes one of grandma's - um, undergarments and....... decided not to watch this one.

The Witch - reviews were good, couple of people at work said it was creepy but slow moving....... then I saw some of the clips with the goats, and said nope. Off the list.

LarryD
Site Admin

Postby LarryD » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 am

Rented this finally Sat night ......... 30 min into it, we fell asleep. Not sure due to tiredness, or the slowness of the movie .........the creepy parts were really creepy, and we were jumpy when the spirits started showing up...... It was only a 24-hr rental, so we couldn't go back to it ........how was the rest of the movie ? Worth re-renting to see the rest ?

Also - I watched "The Witch" as well ..... probably one of the most boring horror movies I've ever seen ......... the goat was cool though .......... :wink:

Return to “PM: Pub”