Evergrey - Theories of emptiness

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Norén

Evergrey - Theories of emptiness

Post by Norén » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:46 pm

Don't know if any of you care about Evergrey but I did a lot of artwork for them many years ago. We have been apart for a while but now I'm back doing the artwork for their new one. And it's a little bit unusual. They wanted to try something different and I really respect them for that. The comments about the artwork has been everything from "Is this a joke?" to "fantastic".

I have really enjoyed this process. It's not an artwork that will win the price "most beautiful artwork of the year", its more of a statement. See it as the "Dark side of the moon" by Evergrey. Everyone know the Dark side of the moon artwork, but really, it isn't the most beautiful artwork of Pink Floyd.

And the music? Well, the new single is just released and if you ask me it's their strongest song since "Solitude within".

https://youtu.be/fzDL9yVouxo?si=R6FDaXXV31XS3YnG
CD ARTWORK -> www.progart.com

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Evergrey - Theories of emptiness

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 am

Very much looking forward to this album, as always. I do feel like they've been in a BIT of a rut since "Hymns for the Broken", so hoping this one changes up the formula just a small bit. Not that any of the last few albums have been disappointing..... Just not quite up to the incredibly high standard they are held to.

And you have me intrigued on the artwork. Given the "Monday Morning Apocalypse" look..... I really wonder where this could be going.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson