New Crimson Glory tune...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

New Crimson Glory tune...

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:08 am

Another chapter of Crimson Glory. Of course, nothing will touch the 1st two releases, but it still sounds great to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K66dL16MVy0

introclaus

Re: New Crimson Glory tune...

Post by introclaus » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:59 am

Hearing Aid Man wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:08 am
Another chapter of Crimson Glory. Of course, nothing will touch the 1st two releases, but it still sounds great to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K66dL16MVy0
I enjoyed it as well - it has a bit of a "Astronomica" vibe to it, which isn't bad.
It made me go back and listen to the first album though, and it obviously pales in comparison to just how great that one was.
Claus Jensen

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:51 am

The only two Crimson Glory's that I can get into is Transcendence and the self-titled one before. Strange and Beautiful was just too much of a departure for me to enjoy. Although I respect that many love Strange and Beautiful.

Thinking about this takes me back to the late 80s and early 90s and when every Friday Night after work I would stop by Tower Records and see if the latest Kerrang magazine or Metal Hammer was out. Oh man, I loved them days. I would often spend 2 to 3 hours reading those magazines while in Tower and then walk out with the magazines in my hand. Before leaving I would have to rush back to the cassette section to see if any of the new releases I read about in the magazines that I was looking forward to were on the shelf yet and would get so excited when they were.
I remember the first time I read about Transcendence in Kerrang when it had a review of the album and thinking , "man I got to get this!" Damn I miss those days. Sometimes I find myself suffering from very bad nostalgic depression when I think back to those days. I want them back! LOL.

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:35 am

The only two Crimson Glory's that I can get into is Transcendence and the self-titled one before. Strange and Beautiful was just too much of a departure for me to enjoy. Although I respect that many love Strange and Beautiful.

Thinking about this takes me back to the late 80s and early 90s and when every Friday Night after work I would stop by Tower Records and see if the latest Kerrang magazine or Metal Hammer was out. Oh man, I loved them days. I would often spend 2 to 3 hours reading those magazines while in Tower and then walk out with the magazines in my hand. Before leaving I would have to rush back to the cassette section to see if any of the new releases I read about in the magazines that I was looking forward to were on the shelf yet and would get so excited when they were.
I remember the first time I read about Transcendence in Kerrang when it had a review of the album and thinking , "man I got to get this!" Damn I miss those days. Sometimes I find myself suffering from very bad nostalgic depression when I think back to those days. I want them back! LOL.
I love all four albums, as vastly different as S&B and "Astronomica" are from the first two.

My first time hearing CG was "Transcendence". MidKnight lent me Jason Becker's "Perpetual Burn" and CG's "Transcendence" to try, and I LOVED Becker, but at first pass only made it to "Red Sharks" before saying NOPE!!! Not for me!!! and going back to Becker. He convinced me I needed to listen to the rest of it at some point (laughing, of course, as he KNEW "Red Sharks" would kill me) and once I got to side two I was mesmerized. This is actually one of those albums where, despite hearing it countless times, I somehow hear something new to love every single time I play it.

And let's not discus the Midnight solo album...... Wow.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:10 pm

prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:51 am

****I agree with this completely -- I have so many stories about me first discovering Crimson Glory and my stories afterwards but I don't want to bore anyone.......those first two CG discs ( and albums which I have ) are magical. I don't diss any bands that want to carry on the name after so long, but I don't usually bite on any of them......
When I put on Transcendence, it is like I'm hearing for the first time, every time ... and I continually say that there hasn't been anything like that disc ever since.