Where in the world is Chity Somapala????

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Sir Exar Kun

Where in the world is Chity Somapala????

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:41 pm

Not a real question, I guess, as it sounds like he's home in Sri Lanka still putting out music, just not necessarily in our favorite genres.

Listening to the second Faro CD today and realizing how much I miss his voice.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Where in the world is Chity Somapala????

Post by LarryD » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:22 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:41 pm
Not a real question, I guess, as it sounds like he's home in Sri Lanka still putting out music, just not necessarily in our favorite genres.

****Yes, I was thinking of him the other day when I was organizing my CD rack ( again ) and saw the Avalon discs ......like you, the last I saw of him was when he was still making music in Sri-Lanka ......I don't think he comes around to the boards or forums anymore like he used to ......

Cool story - when he was playing Prog Power with Red Circuit those many years ago, he sought ME out at the venue, and I brought him back to the hotel room to meet everyone in the Room of Death ......he was so cool, partied with us, and was happy to have met everyone and put a face to the names finally ..... really nice guy.

Guillaume

Post by Guillaume » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:13 pm

LarryD wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:22 am
Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:41 pm

****Yes, I was thinking of him the other day when I was organizing my CD rack ( again ) and saw the Avalon discs ......like you, the last I saw of him was when he was still making music in Sri-Lanka ......I don't think he comes around to the boards or forums anymore like he used to ......

Cool story - when he was playing Prog Power with Red Circuit those many years ago, he sought ME out at the venue, and I brought him back to the hotel room to meet everyone in the Room of Death ......he was so cool, partied with us, and was happy to have met everyone and put a face to the names finally ..... really nice guy.
Sucks the story with Chity happened before I started to make ProgPower every year...

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:33 pm

I chatted with him not too far back. After ten years or more he still remembered me. Odd.

He's still singing and playing shows. Seems pretty happy. Great guy. We're overdue for some new music from him.