D.C. Cooper?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Ghost Wind

D.C. Cooper?

Post by Ghost Wind » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:02 pm

Hey all,

It looks like D.C. Cooper has quite the discography to choose from. What are some of your favorite albums featuring him? I currently own SteelSeal By The Power Of Thunder but would love to discover some more. Thanks in advance.

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: D.C. Cooper?

Post by LarryD » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:49 am

To me -

If you want him at his absolute best, start with the early Royal Hunt material -

The disc PARADOX is his best to me, if you like that keyboard driven Neo-Classical sound
The live disc called 1996 has all of the early material on it pre-Paradox.

If you like Judas Priest style music, track down the Silent Force discs .....namely, The Empire of Future, and Infatuator.

If you want just excellent melodic metal, then find his solo disc from 1998 called DC Cooper.

Can't go wrong with any of these, but for his absolute best, track down Royal Hunt / Paradox. If you can find the rare live version of that disc as well, it's bliss.

Sir Exar Kun

Re: D.C. Cooper?

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:31 am

you want him at his absolute best, start with the early Royal Hunt material -

The disc PARADOX is his best to me, if you like that keyboard driven Neo-Classical sound
The live disc called 1996 has all of the early material on it pre-Paradox.

If you like Judas Priest style music, track down the Silent Force discs .....namely, The Empire of Future, and Infatuator.

If you want just excellent melodic metal, then find his solo disc from 1998 called DC Cooper.

Can't go wrong with any of these, but for his absolute best, track down Royal Hunt / Paradox. If you can find the rare live version of that disc as well, it's bliss.
Exactly what he said! "Paradox" is a MUST, as is his solo album. I'd also add an under-the-radar album in Amaram's Plight. More on the proggy side though.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson