Temic / Terror Management Theory

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

RickyRock

Temic / Terror Management Theory

Post by RickyRock » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:43 pm

Anyone else enjoying this one? It took me a bit but now I’m hooked. Wasn’t sure about the vocals at first but I’m digging this whole thing now. Plus I have to mention Eric Gillette’s playing on this is mind blowing. Just listen to the guitar solo on the tune Mothallah. The phrasing, timing, feel….incredible. Best guitar solo of the year for me. It comes blazing in after a soft interlude and then hits you right in the feels….I sure hope there will be more from these dudes.

The Watcher

Re: Temic / Terror Management Theory

Post by The Watcher » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:46 pm

I agree with you on this one. I listened to it once through, that's all I needed, time to buy.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:21 pm

Got this on order from Laser's Edge and very keen to get it in. The single I heard convinced me to buy it.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:24 pm

Great prog metal disc - but - I do have a little issue with the singer being overwhelmed by the music ......meaning the music is more powerful. However, it's hard not to want to get it based on Eric Gilette's performance alone .......

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:11 am

Mardoch wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:21 pm
Got this on order from Laser's Edge and very keen to get it in. The single I heard convinced me to buy it.
USPS took my order for a walkabout for some reason, but I'm tucked into this one now and it's quite nice. I agree the vocals could stand out more, but I'm enjoying all aspects of the performances.