Queensrÿche tour?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Ghost Wind

Queensrÿche tour?

Post by Ghost Wind » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:54 pm

Just discovered Queensrÿche is going on an Origins tour, playing the EP and The Warning in their entirety, with Armored Saint as opener. What do you all think about this? A no brainer, don’t care anymore, etc. I plan on going to the Cedar Rapids, IA one. Armored Saint will probably play a killer show, but do you think Queensryche can pull it off? Can Todd really sing those highs? One of my fears about concerts anymore is spending whatever amount of money, only to have the singers lip sync or bands using just backing tracks. What are your thoughts?

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Queensrÿche tour?

Post by LarryD » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:18 am

On paper, that is an incredible show ...... to play those albums back to back like that is just amazing to even attempt at this stage of the game ...... personally, I don't think Todd can pull that off anymore ..... some of the clips of recent shows I've watched has him struggling just to hit the normal notes of the current shows ..... to hit those early album notes would be monumental for him I think ...... especially trying to do it night after night ........

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:53 am

I'd go regardless. I was very bummed I couldn't make it to the last tour, as I REALLY enjoy the new material and loved a tour focusing on that for a change.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 pm

Regarding "The Warning" , I absolutely love Todd, but I can't see him singing songs like "Roads to Madness" and "Before the Storm" and doing them justice.... Especially now since his voice appears to be on the decline like Larry mentioned.... In addition to the EP, The Warning has some of the highest notes that Tate ever sung and thus vocally it's incredibly demanding....It's one thing to do a couple of songs, but to do the entire album night after night that's filled with difficult vocals, I just don't think the outcome will be pretty. I would LOVE to be proven wrong though, so please post how it goes for those that go see them.