UNITOPIA / Seven Chambers.......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

UNITOPIA / Seven Chambers.......

Post by LarryD » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:56 am

Claus posted on this Australian band somewhere down below - and then pointed me to the band - and I, in turn, waited for The Lasers Edge to get this in stock and purchased it - in that order ....... :lol:

Right off the bat - it is fantastic. I love when bands come out of nowhere, release a long, 2-CD set .....provide incredible artwork and lyric booklet (or I should I say book) .....and mesmerize me for almost 90 min .......this is one of those discs that you don't put on in the background .... this is a story-teller type release. You grab the booklet, your favorite drink, and listen and read.....

Claus may say different, but after 3 listens .... imagine a mish-mash of Marillion, Arena-lite, and maybe The Moody Blues thrown into a blender....and then throw in another 2-3 bands I can't come up with at the moment, and you have this band. The theme seems to be related to the title (Seven Chambers) as each song can be tied in to the heart....CD #2 has two songs on it - one at 19:14, and the second at 18:33. the rest clock in around 8-12 min long... Thus my comment on not putting this on in the background - it is quite a musical story.
The singer sounds to me like a version of Paul Manzi (Arena) and mixed in with a little of Fish from old school Marillion. The production is first rate, with the vocals way out front so that you can follow along without saying " what did he say "? ....mandolins, violins, flutes, guitars, keys, electronica, small rappy part, Neo-Prog, Prog Rock, tons of backing vocals, well you get the idea of the mix of instruments and styles.....

Anyone into modern Prog Rock / Neo-Prog with a sci-fi vibe and tons of creativity need to look no further ...... I'm pointing to Sir Exar and Gaetan at the moment.
The writing, the creativity, and the production just blow me away .....first rate and class. Right into the Top 5 for me ........

https://unitopia.bandcamp.com/album/sev ... bit-hi-res