KARNATAKA / Requiem for a Dream .......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

KARNATAKA / Requiem for a Dream .......

Post by LarryD » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:33 am

I posted on this one earlier ...... for some reason, and not the one I'm listing here, I'm drawn to this disc moreso than others lately..... some go into trade, some go into the trash, some go onto the CD rack and maybe come out later.... this one stays near the CD player and goes into Play mode very often .....

This particular genre has gone by the wayside for lots of us over the past years, but every now and then a gem appears and this is one of them .... having always been a Karnataka fan, and enjoying every single disc they have released - it has been 8 ? years since their last disc / bluray show called Secrets of Angels, which was well received by those loving the band and the genre .....armed with a new singer, definitely a new production style, and tons and tons of melodies and emotions, this one just floors me..... you know when a band disappears and re-appears after so long as we say - " you think after so long they could come up with something better than this " ? Well, this disc answers that question ....check out the title track below, a 25:00 closer for a monster disc all around .....I think the disc has two songs over 11-min, this 25-min gem, and others not too far behind in the time clock ... not that it matters on time, but this genre and style is not known for their long / epic songs ......

Karnataka / Requiem for a Dream -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L32eSHo ... nnel=Gos72

Sir Exar Kun

Re: KARNATAKA / Requiem for a Dream .......

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:28 am

I picked this up from Ken a few weeks ago, but have been laid up with Achilles repair surgery so my listening has gone in the tank for now..... I did spin it ONCE before the surgery, and enjoyed it (especially the epic) but definitely need to go back to it.

Thankfully, got the green light to resume driving, so will get to hit the music more driving my daughter back and forth to dance.....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson