Can someone point me to the other perpetual motion forum?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Can someone point me to the other perpetual motion forum?

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:47 pm

Does anyone have the link to the other perpetual motion forum? The real busy one where progppower usa bands are reviewed after the concerts etc....I haven't been there in many many years, so not sure if it still exists or not. Google was unable to find it when I was searching. It's the one that had the power metal forum linked to it, and where people like Harvester and many others hung out and posted........

On an additional note, It's so weird that years and years ago whenever there was a progpower usa show there would be so many daily reviews on all of the bands from people. It was so much fun to read...But these days you wouldn't even know that the concert ever existed, as it's rare to find any posts on it. Guess people have just lost their passion for music, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

LASERCD

Re: Can someone point me to the other perpetual motion forum?

Post by LASERCD » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:26 pm

You are looking in the wrong places. All the ProgPower conversation is on Facebook. Forums are dead.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:35 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:26 pm
You are looking in the wrong places. All the ProgPower conversation is on Facebook. Forums are dead.
Well I don't really use facebook anymore, but, but I did look at facebook, and compared to how forums use to be, there's barely any conversation going on there as well. . Glad I didn't waste anymore time looking for the forum then. Man I even shed a tear thinking of how good the music forums and the prog/power intimate musical community use to be years ago. Social media really ruined everything.... There are so many days I wish the music world would go back to the way it use to be in the 90s/early 2000s.....Guess the party is over.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:35 am

I wouldn't say that the party is over .... although I am in agreement that forums seem to be dead in favor of social media ....... as dinosaur-ish as I am, I prefer the forum platform as it is easier to navigate, and I hardly use Facebook except for some informational purposes that I need ......

As far as Prog Power .... I myself missed my first one this year due to health issues ..... the ones who do go don't post here anymore, so thus the lack of reports .......
Time, age, lack of interest, people with families now, and many more items contribute to the lack of posting on this board or any board .....and I see some closing periodically.....

As for me - musically it has been New Age, Classical, and Movie Soundtracks that calm the nerves and the soul ..... metal music, or any aggressive music has not sat well with me recently, but I have been getting my mojo back lately, and I have a short stack of discs and music I want to talk about ....although some have been talked already, I have a need to put my two cents in ..... ;o)

Anyway -- hang in there, and here ...... the music is still flowing, as is the interest, but I don't think you will see that enthusiasm that we all saw in the 90's and early 2000's ..... we are just getting older and we express it in a different way ......

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:43 pm

LarryD wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:35 am
I wouldn't say that the party is over .... although I am in agreement that forums seem to be dead in favor of social media ....... as dinosaur-ish as I am, I prefer the forum platform as it is easier to navigate, and I hardly use Facebook except for some informational purposes that I need ......

As far as Prog Power .... I myself missed my first one this year due to health issues ..... the ones who do go don't post here anymore, so thus the lack of reports .......
Time, age, lack of interest, people with families now, and many more items contribute to the lack of posting on this board or any board .....and I see some closing periodically.....

As for me - musically it has been New Age, Classical, and Movie Soundtracks that calm the nerves and the soul ..... metal music, or any aggressive music has not sat well with me recently, but I have been getting my mojo back lately, and I have a short stack of discs and music I want to talk about ....although some have been talked already, I have a need to put my two cents in ..... ;o)

Anyway -- hang in there, and here ...... the music is still flowing, as is the interest, but I don't think you will see that enthusiasm that we all saw in the 90's and early 2000's ..... we are just getting older and we express it in a different way ......
I agree about Facebook Larry. I actually had removed all of my Friends from Facebook as I was getting lots of scammers/imposters, Friends who were already friends asking to be on their Friend List, but it wasn't them it was an imposter. It got to the point where I couldn't tell who was legit and who was an imposer so I just removed everyone.

Do you at least take Metal music to the gym Larry? Nothing beats metal music when it comes to working out....

I know what you mean about going through tough times. I tried to commit suicide twice over the last 12 years(I guess I'm just not good at it) ended up in the hospital both times. Maybe one day I'll succeed, but I still credit metal for keeping me alive this long...............I feel like metal is the only friend I have.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:22 am

Not PM, but the festival forum proper is still at https://ultimatemetal.com/forums/progpower-usa/. It has, unfortunately, been eaten by Facebook like so many other things (rot in hell Facebook). Only King's Gene is really keeping things going over there mostly with news posts.

Anyway, I refuse to let this place also die to Facebook. There's a reason I took it over from Larry when he needed to pass it on. It may slow, but it'll stick around.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:24 am

prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:43 pm
I know what you mean about going through tough times. I tried to commit suicide twice over the last 12 years(I guess I'm just not good at it) ended up in the hospital both times. Maybe one day I'll succeed, but I still credit metal for keeping me alive this long...............I feel like metal is the only friend I have.
If you ever need to talk to someone who's been through through this, my PMs are open. I'm always on that edge myself so I know what it's like. Brains are wonderful pieces of machinery until they're proper bastards.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:42 am

Mardoch wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:24 am
prog_powermetal99 wrote:
If you ever need to talk to someone who's been through through this, my PMs are open. I'm always on that edge myself so I know what it's like. Brains are wonderful pieces of machinery until they're proper bastards.
What Mardoch said! We're all family here and no one should go through stuff like that alone. We're here to help each other find new music, but also to act as friends/family and take care of each other.
Claus Jensen

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:45 pm

introclaus wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:42 am
Mardoch wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:24 am
prog_powermetal99 wrote:
What Mardoch said! We're all family here and no one should go through stuff like that alone. We're here to help each other find new music, but also to act as friends/family and take care of each other.
Sad to hear about the rough times Dusty. I'm very happy you were unsuccessful. It's been great having you back here. I don't drop by as often as I used to but I'm still around if you ever need anything.

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:46 pm

And I forgot to be the one to answer your other question. The other PM board is here:
https://pmx2.krose.org/forum.pl?forum_id=1

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:18 pm

Digital Man wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:46 pm
And I forgot to be the one to answer your other question. The other PM board is here:
Thanks for pointing out the PMX2 site. I'm surprised nobody else mentioned this under this post since it was the forum I was looking. I guess nobody else knew that it still existed

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:32 pm

prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:18 pm
Digital Man wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the PMX2 site. I'm surprised nobody else mentioned this under this post since it was the forum I was looking. I guess nobody else knew that it still existed
You don't want to go there. You won't like what you will find.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:58 pm

I'd sorta forgotten how much I absolutely loathe BenMech until I saw his name over there. Ken's right, don't click.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:11 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:32 pm
prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:18 pm
Digital Man wrote:
You don't want to go there. You won't like what you will find.

What I don't understand is why they don't keep the posts beyond like 2 weeks. I mean what the heck? I don't know any forums that do that.... There were some good posts on there though, plus it has the "power metal" forum linked to it up at the top, which I'm into more these days anyway.