Ring of Gyges: Metamorphosis/ Another gem

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

RickyRock

Ring of Gyges: Metamorphosis/ Another gem

Post by RickyRock » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:53 pm

Ok. Great music has been assaulting these ears. Avkrvst, the new Anubis Gate, and Retrospective. Also Godsticks new one. But damn if I haven’t found one that may trump those above. Ring of Gyges Metamorphosis. Think of a mix of Wolverine, a little Haken and the band Anubis. At least that is what I think of. Damn is this one a smoker!!! Check out the Man of much Metals review of this gem and then do yourself a favor and give this a listen. The review is on the Lasers edge album description if you want to read it. Larry you got to hear this!! I give this one the highest possible recommendation! Now after I play this a gajillion times I’m going to pick up their previous disc also. Damn I’m carrying on but this is too good not to share. Thanks for putting up with me….

introclaus

Re: Ring of Gyges: Metamorphosis/ Another gem

Post by introclaus » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:38 pm

RickyRock wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:53 pm
Ok. Great music has been assaulting these ears. Avkrvst, the new Anubis Gate, and Retrospective. Also Godsticks new one. But damn if I haven’t found one that may trump those above. Ring of Gyges Metamorphosis. Think of a mix of Wolverine, a little Haken and the band Anubis. At least that is what I think of. Damn is this one a smoker!!! Check out the Man of much Metals review of this gem and then do yourself a favor and give this a listen. The review is on the Lasers edge album description if you want to read it. Larry you got to hear this!! I give this one the highest possible recommendation! Now after I play this a gajillion times I’m going to pick up their previous disc also. Damn I’m carrying on but this is too good not to share. Thanks for putting up with me….
Yes, very solid album. I mentioned it here back in March when I first got the album. Definitely a nice one.
Claus Jensen

RickyRock

Re: Ring of Gyges: Metamorphosis/ Another gem

Post by RickyRock » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:18 am

Is no one else digging this around here? The silence is looming large around here…
My favorite listen so far this year. As I’ve stated earlier, a blend of Wolverine, Anubis, and Haken make up their sound and thus an incredible concept disc. Hard not to be moved by this one.