Horizon's End - The Great Destroyer

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

kas2112

Horizon's End - The Great Destroyer

Post by kas2112 » Sun May 14, 2023 5:56 pm

Hi everyone! This Friday, May 19th, sees the release of our new album "The Great Destroyer" from Steel Gallery records. You can check our bandcamp page https://horizonsendband.bandcamp.com/al ... -destroyer
or these youtube clips:
https://youtu.be/vc7FmYN5AsM
https://youtu.be/QlwCeNWQBZE
https://youtu.be/GvFSGwOwX0M

Hope you'll like it.

introclaus

Re: Horizon's End - The Great Destroyer

Post by introclaus » Mon May 15, 2023 10:24 am

So good!!!! Can’t wait!
Claus Jensen

Scott B

Post by Scott B » Tue May 16, 2023 7:49 am

Can't wait to hear the whole album! Really outstanding so far!

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:38 am

It took me several weeks to finally get my head around this disc, but it's truly a great album, and even better than "Skeleton Keys".

The "greats": superb playing skills, strong melodies, throw-back to classic prog metal genre
The "improved, but still not perfect": production (why self-produce?)
The "not-so-greats": Vasilios' vocal performance and accent not up to par, 73 minutes is a long-ass album

Best songs: Postcards from War (epic!!!), Nightmares (powerful), Damage (prog metal perfection)

Claus Jensen

RickyRock

Post by RickyRock » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:55 am

Long yes, but what an excellent record. Top notch prog metal. Kick back, close your eyes and enjoy the ride. Very well done gentleman.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:44 pm

I've been playing the videos non-stop now ..... I love the music .......I almost pulled the plug until I heard the vocals ....... they are not bad at all, but I detect a very thick accent there ? Someone talk to me about this as I'm close to hitting the buy button ....... the music alone was enough to pull me in, but I heard the thick accent and I hesitated ... someone tell me not to .......

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:23 pm

LarryD wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:44 pm
I've been playing the videos non-stop now ..... I love the music .......I almost pulled the plug until I heard the vocals ....... they are not bad at all, but I detect a very thick accent there ? Someone talk to me about this as I'm close to hitting the buy button ....... the music alone was enough to pull me in, but I heard the thick accent and I hesitated ... someone tell me not to .......
Perhaps just read my comments above? Lol
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:02 am

introclaus wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:23 pm
LarryD wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:44 pm
Perhaps just read my comments above? Lol
***I saw that - I was looking for a second opinion ........ :wink:

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:07 am

I'm not hearing anything approaching a "thick" accent here. At all. Sounds great to me.

JUST BUY IT. :)
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:11 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:07 am
I'm not hearing anything approaching a "thick" accent here. At all. Sounds great to me.

JUST BUY IT. :)

**** I'm so confused .... LOL. Usually, Claus is more tolerant of accents and you usually are not ..... this time its the other way around ..... hehehehe ... I'm thoroughly confused....... I'm going by what I heard on YouTube ...... music was superb, and then the vocals appeared. I thought the accent was fairly heavy....... I'll go back and recheck .......

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:47 am

**** I'm so confused .... LOL. Usually, Claus is more tolerant of accents and you usually are not ..... this time its the other way around ..... hehehehe ... I'm thoroughly confused....... I'm going by what I heard on YouTube ...... music was superb, and then the vocals appeared. I thought the accent was fairly heavy....... I'll go back and recheck .......
My flashpoint are Japanese accents.... Almost exclusively. Italian / French / Greek / pretty much any other region flows right by me unnoticed, but I simply can't do the Japanese singers for some reason....

To me, this has a Fragile Vastness (also Greek if I recall) vibe to it....
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:03 pm

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:47 am
My flashpoint are Japanese accents.... Almost exclusively. Italian / French / Greek / pretty much any other region flows right by me unnoticed, but I simply can't do the Japanese singers for some reason....
I'm pretty much the opposite. Japanese singers sounds like they aren't even trying to make it sound like English, so that works for me. English isn't my native language, so when I don't necessarily have to focus on the lyrics, it's fine by me.

Italian/French/Greek singers often sounds like they are trying "too hard" if that makes sense... and it ends up sounding really horrible if you ask me.
Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:47 am
To me, this has a Fragile Vastness (also Greek if I recall) vibe to it....
Hmmm - I wasn't a huge FV fan so I can't see the connection. Musically this is great stuff though, and Larry just needs to buy the dang thing. At least we agree on that :)
Claus Jensen