Mystery - Redemption

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

GaetanL

Mystery - Redemption

Post by GaetanL » Mon May 01, 2023 7:55 pm

Everything you are expecting from Mystery, you get it!
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Mystery - Redemption

Post by LarryD » Mon May 01, 2023 8:02 pm

GaetanL wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:55 pm
Everything you are expecting from Mystery, you get it!
****On the way from The Lasers Edge !!!!!!

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue May 02, 2023 9:11 am

oooooh, I didn't even know there was a new one. Now I'm excited

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Tue May 02, 2023 5:59 pm

The album teaser sounds really really good ... much heavier than anything I've heard from them in the past.
I'm gonna have to get this one (yes, says the guy who have made fun of this band multiple times)
https://youtu.be/CptQnRNa1QQ
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed May 03, 2023 7:36 am

introclaus wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:59 pm
The album teaser sounds really really good ... much heavier than anything I've heard from them in the past.
I'm gonna have to get this one (yes, says the guy who have made fun of this band multiple times)
*****That aside ( at least you're honest ), I don't think this is their heaviest outing yet, I believe that honor goes to Delusion Rain. Here, I think you might find this one a bit on the light side. Unless you listened to the whole thing, and really loved it, you might find some of the "Air Supply" style songs to be too light. For me, this band does Zero wrong, and this disc is no exception. Slick, polished, dramatic, emotional. Fantastic.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Wed May 03, 2023 12:56 pm

LarryD wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:36 am
introclaus wrote:
*****That aside ( at least you're honest ), I don't think this is their heaviest outing yet, I believe that honor goes to Delusion Rain. Here, I think you might find this one a bit on the light side. Unless you listened to the whole thing, and really loved it, you might find some of the "Air Supply" style songs to be too light. For me, this band does Zero wrong, and this disc is no exception. Slick, polished, dramatic, emotional. Fantastic.
I have their live album and while I enjoy it to a certain extent, there are also parts that just tickles my nutsack in the wrong way.

From that 7-8 minutes sample of the new album (going through all the tunes) I hear a lot of the stuff I enjoy in bands like Saga, Enchant, Cairo and that sort - more so than the U.K. type of NeoProg. Don’t get me wrong, I love NeoProg in general, but sometimes it ends up on the “too light” side for me.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri May 05, 2023 9:53 am

This is an exquisite disc ....... typical Mystery polished and slick approach with velvet smooth vocals....... I love the dramatic element they inject into their music with every disc ..... I do feel that this is one of their lighter discs, although not as light as Lies and Butterflies, but definitely lighter than usual ....... another winner from a great band.

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri May 05, 2023 3:38 pm

LarryD wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:53 am
This is an exquisite disc ....... typical Mystery polished and slick approach with velvet smooth vocals....... I love the dramatic element they inject into their music with every disc ..... I do feel that this is one of their lighter discs, although not as light as Lies and Butterflies, but definitely lighter than usual ....... another winner from a great band.

Yeah, I'll need to get this. I've got their entire discography I think, so it would be a crime against nature and immoral to not get this one as well.

As a huge Air Supply fan I welcome this new on

GaetanL

Post by GaetanL » Sun May 07, 2023 2:13 pm

I have added the album to my website.
Gaétan

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:51 am

This one still getting play time ...... this band can do no wrong. That singer just keeps on ticking with time and never falters. Such talent.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:29 am

LarryD wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:36 am
introclaus wrote:
You (once again) were quite right. This ended up being yet another "too light" album for my taste, and I just can't get 100% behind it. I enjoy it while listening, and there are some sporadic heavy parts (which I think are what they ended up using in their pre-release album teaser) that are very good, but overall it becomes too mellow. I can hear the quality in the music, and like I said, I do enjoy listening to the album, but I almost have to force myself to go back again, when there's such an abundance of other albums to check out.
Claus Jensen

GaetanL

Post by GaetanL » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:16 am

I like the album "Lies And Butterflies" but I feel it's a bit too light. I don't have this feeling of "too light" with the album "Redemption". I also find that the quality of the compositions is superior to the album "Lies And Butterflies". I love the album "Redemption"!
Gaétan