ROBBY STEINHARDT / Not in Kansas Anymore - A Prog Opera.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

ROBBY STEINHARDT / Not in Kansas Anymore - A Prog Opera.

Post by LarryD » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:56 pm

Seeing how Kansas is one my favorite bands of all time, I could not resist grabbing this one from the former front man and violinist of Kansas from The Lasers Edge. R.I.P. Robby, and I believe this was release after his untimely death......

The title of the disc is actually a play on words - the artwork is geared towards The Wizard of Oz, but I think the underlying theme is " don't expect another Kansas disc " here..... if you check out the video below you get an idea of Robby's sense of humor and what this disc sounds like ... I bought it without hearing a note, because of who he is, but the disc is actually very good. While it is quite proggy, lots of it is also quite poppy, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment. Robby sounds fantastic on vocals, and as a treat, there is re-worked version of Dust in the Wind here that not only gave me goosebumps, but almost brought tears to my eyes knowing he is gone ...it is a fantastic version. I haven't figured out the whole story, but it sounds like a " where do go from here after where we have been all of this time " sort of story.....

The production is superb - and my Kansas collection would not be complete without this disc in it ......thanks for all of the years Robby. Your music still touches my life after 50 years of listening to you .......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Xj-bz ... SolarMusic