Ricochet (anyone remember them???) - Kazakhstan

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Sir Exar Kun

Ricochet (anyone remember them???) - Kazakhstan

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:45 pm

New release coming this year from Germany's Ricochet. Not sure who remembers them, but they had a 2005 release (Zarah - A Teartown Story) that was straight out of the Superior - Behind playbook. Haven't listened to anything off this new one yet (just saw someone asking Ken about it, and sounds like its on order now).
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

GaetanL

Re: Ricochet (anyone remember them???) - Kazakhstan

Post by GaetanL » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:06 pm

I recently updated my bands pages to check the bands website links and new releases and I indeed noticed that this band has a new album coming in 2023. Actually release date is like now.
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:09 pm

Hah, I was just telling Larry and Glenn yesterday how great this album is.

It's better than "Zarah" in my opinion, but not as good as the debut, "Among the Elements". Musically it's still in the Superior / Poverty's no Crime / early Vanden Plas / Sanvoisen style (you know, typical German prog metal of the old school), but with an added prog-rock touch not too different from SubSignal or perhaps Knight Area's latest albums. Great new vocalist - more like a Ian Gillan kind of voice I feel, which perhaps might be because I hear some Purple-kind-of-melodies in the album.

https://ricochet-hh.bandcamp.com/album/kazakhstan
Last edited by introclaus on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:10 pm

I do remember them well ..... and I enjoyed their disc for many years. Totally shocking that they would release a new one after all these years...... I tried a few months ago to re-listen to the disc, and I could not get through it all ...... it just doesn't hold up to the test of time ........

Very interested to see what they have come up with after all of these years ........