Attn Claus Evgeny Novikov Tephra

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Attn Claus Evgeny Novikov Tephra

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:51 pm

Hey Claus, I know you are probably not into deathcore, but check out this guy's snare work. It's only the musical track, so there are no vocals The whole song is great, but even as an ex-drummer myself I have to say this guy's snare work is insane in a couple of spots in the song. You will know it when you hear them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn5jSKlPwy4

Evgeny Novikov - Tephra (Drum Play Through)

introclaus

Re: Attn Claus Evgeny Novikov Tephra

Post by introclaus » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:57 pm

prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:51 pm
Hey Claus, I know you are probably not into deathcore, but check out this guy's snare work. It's only the musical track, so there are no vocals The whole song is great, but even as an ex-drummer myself I have to say this guy's snare work is insane in a couple of spots in the song. You will know it when you hear them.

Great drumming for sure. I can see why you, as an ex-drummer, would love it. It's always impressive to see these kinds of playthroughs by someone that talented.

I don't necessarily think this is deathcore - to me it's more like brutal death, perhaps somewhere along the lines of early Pyrexia or Pathology (I'm not the biggest fan of brutal death / slam, so I don't have a lot of comparisons to be honest). I've been getting into deathcore very recently, as I posted somewhere on this forum a week or two ago, but yeah, I don't think this is deathcore.
Claus Jensen

prog_powermetal99

Re: Attn Claus Evgeny Novikov Tephra

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:10 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:57 pm
prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:51 pm

Great drumming for sure. I can see why you, as an ex-drummer, would love it. It's always impressive to see these kinds of playthroughs by someone that talented.

I don't necessarily think this is deathcore - to me it's more like brutal death, perhaps somewhere along the lines of early Pyrexia or Pathology (I'm not the biggest fan of brutal death / slam, so I don't have a lot of comparisons to be honest). I've been getting into deathcore very recently, as I posted somewhere on this forum a week or two ago, but yeah, I don't think this is deathcore.
I think it's because the band he's with now is deathcore. This was his previous band, that's why I probably got confused. One thing I find interesting is that he holds his sticks backwards when he plays, which I've never seen before, perhaps it's more common in death, but I found that interesting.

Also, I absolutely love the track that Evgeny is playing on, incredibly energetic and powerful... I just wish the band didn't have a vocalist LOL. I would love some of the brutal death bands out there is they just didn't have singers, but hey that's just me :)