Victor Smolski - Guitar Force...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

Victor Smolski - Guitar Force...

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:07 pm

Always like Rage albums so I decided to skim this one. Very good, diverse instrumental stuff. Worth checking out even if you're burnt on instrumentals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVX9lQ6 ... 5w&index=1

RickyRock

Re: Victor Smolski - Guitar Force...

Post by RickyRock » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:15 am

Victor is among the criminally unknown guitarists out there. He is a master at his game and I love his tone. A monstrous exciting player. New album is great and gets a bunch of spins from myself.

introclaus

Re: Victor Smolski - Guitar Force...

Post by introclaus » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:59 am

I rarely listen to instrumental music as it just doesn't keep my interest for very long, but I'll agree with you guys that this is a great album. More "heavy metal" (less power, less prog and less symphonic) than I had expected, although the classical songs in the later half are really cool as well. Yes, Victor is totally underrated - when he joined Mind Odyssey, they went from a C-league band to a B-league (lol), and his influence on Rage in their "return to full on power metal" years is undeniable. I don't really like Almanac that much, but he is still a great guitarist for sure as this "Guitar Force" album totally proves. Now, if we've had a great vocalist on the non-classical songs, like a Mike Vescera kind of singer ...
Claus Jensen