Queensryche in my top five?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Random Axe

Queensryche in my top five?

Post by Random Axe » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:20 pm

Holy shit. It could happen.

I haven't liked an album from them since Empire and only half of Promised Land. This new one is different. It's a totally different vibe that I'm fascinated with. It's like the Todd era version of Empire. It's far more introspective and exploratory than the bombast wailing of his previous outputs.

I've heard three songs so far and I really like each one. They might break my QR losing streak.

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Queensryche in my top five?

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:43 am

I'm with you. This was a REALLY strong album..... Lot of great tunes throughout. Now, the cover of "Rebel Yell" tacked on at the end????? Yick.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:29 am

I love the album and it's going to be very high on my year-faves list. I also liked the last one about the same amount though.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:37 pm

I agree, great album! I just wish more people would give them a chance instead of the lame close-minded excuse of " I can't listen to it because it's just not Queensryche without Tate or Degarmo". If that's your attitude, then just listen to it as if they are a brand new band, and if one does that, then you'd be surprised at how much more they would like them!

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 pm

For me it's like cauliflower pizza crust or frog legs. Yeah, you can tell me it's delicious and it may be but my brain will always remind me I'm eating an amphibian.

I was this way for a long time with Kamelot. I couldn't fully a certain the Tommy wra until last year. Now I love both equally.

Toddryche is a strange beast in that I'm able to separate the new stuff from classic QR. I'm guessing I'm going to try them again.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:48 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:43 pm
For me it's like cauliflower pizza crust or frog legs. Yeah, you can tell me it's delicious and it may be but my brain will always remind me I'm eating an amphibian.

I was this way for a long time with Kamelot. I couldn't fully a certain the Tommy wra until last year. Now I love both equally.

Toddryche is a strange beast in that I'm able to separate the new stuff from classic QR. I'm guessing I'm going to try them again.
Yea I agree. and I love Tommy with Kamelot, but yea when I listen to the new QR, I never once had a thought of it sounding like QR of old, or never did I try and compare anything about it to QR of old, I just appreciate it for it is, great music!

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:31 am

I noticed on Amazon that the new Queensryche has a 5 star average rating across 185 reviews. That's pretty damn good being that it's easy to be critical about them due to what's happened in the past.