Do you guys ever sell any of your old cds that you never plan on listening to again?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Do you guys ever sell any of your old cds that you never plan on listening to again?

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:39 pm

I think within the next year or two I'll probably be unloading many my CDs on ebay that I no longer listen to.
I mean since I don't have kids, it's not like they will be passed down to anyone when I die, so might as well get some income from them, or they will just end up in a big estate sale when I die anyway.......... Thoughts?

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Do you guys ever sell any of your old cds that you never plan on listening to again?

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm

I'm in the process of trying to thin the herd some..... Common stuff I'm taking to Half Price Books, setting aside the more rare ones to eventually go on eBay or Discogs.

There's just too much here to hold onto sub-par discs.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

Mark

Re: Do you guys ever sell any of your old cds that you never plan on listening to again?

Post by Mark » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:04 pm

The only reason I don't is that I think finding buyers would be too much work compared to the money I could get for them.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 pm

Mark wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:04 pm
The only reason I don't is that I think finding buyers would be too much work compared to the money I could get for them.
^^^ THIS +1

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:10 pm

You guys are wrong and probably a bit lazy. Good demand and good $$$ for a lot of those all titles.

Poke around Discogs.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Mark wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:04 pm
I guess my reasoning is that since I'll eventually be dead(I'm approaching 60), I don't think I'd really care about how much I'd get from them lol.... I sold my entire record collection on Ebay and I was amazed at some of the great prices I got, especially for the rare stuff...

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:40 pm

When I went digital I put them all in CD storage crates and they occupy far too much space in my basement. Just couldn't get rid of them yet.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:42 pm

I sold Conception's Flow at one point. Thankfully, it's on Spotify, because boy howdy was parting with that disc a mistake.
I'll be the judge of what's good and what isn't, thank you... ;)