EnchantED

The Resonance Project - Prophecy

Post by EnchantED » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:02 pm

Progressive metal needs more trumpet😍. Check this out:
https://youtu.be/kW9jmJNyOkU

introclaus

Re: The Resonance Project - Prophecy

Post by introclaus » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:40 am

Wow! That was impressive. I'll have to check out more from these guys.
Claus Jensen

EnchantED

Post by EnchantED » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:43 am

A new song by them featuring Dino Jelusick!
https://youtu.be/P3SRVsAuk-M

Hearing Aid Man

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:10 pm

Really enjoying this song with Dino!

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:36 pm

I've come to the conclusion that Dino is the most talented unoriginal singer around these days.

I've heard him sounds like a Jorn clone, sounds like a Russel Allen clone, and here he sounds like a mixture between Kelly Sundown (Beyond Twilight/Zierler Project) and Devin Townsend. There's absolutely nothing original about Dino's voice at all. What a waste of talent.
Claus Jensen

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:06 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:36 pm
I've come to the conclusion that Dino is the most talented unoriginal singer around these days.

I've heard him sounds like a Jorn clone, sounds like a Russel Allen clone, and here he sounds like a mixture between Kelly Sundown (Beyond Twilight/Zierler Project) and Devin Townsend. There's absolutely nothing original about Dino's voice at all. What a waste of talent.
You just made me laugh. That shit is so funny and so accurate. I'd always thought that way about Ronnie Romero. Every. Damn. Project. he works his vocals are, as you mentioned, a Jorn/Russ clone. He brings absolutely no character to his performances. I don't think he's bad by any stretch, but once you've heard one of his choruses you've likely heard all he has to offer.
Once I heard Dino was doing the last Romeo album I totally disregarded.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:04 pm

Random Axe wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:06 pm
introclaus wrote:

You just made me laugh. That shit is so funny and so accurate. I'd always thought that way about Ronnie Romero. Every. Damn. Project. he works his vocals are, as you mentioned, a Jorn/Russ clone. He brings absolutely no character to his performances. I don't think he's bad by any stretch, but once you've heard one of his choruses you've likely heard all he has to offer.
Once I heard Dino was doing the last Romeo album I totally disregarded.
The really sad thing is that the guy is super talented. His voice is amazing. I’ve just never heard him do anything original and at the end of the day it falls in the “second-rate category” because of that.

I would love to hear him sing like Dino! But at this point in time I wonder if he even knows what Dino is supposed to sound like himself.
Claus Jensen

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:50 pm

I stand corrected on Dino.

His work with Stone Leaders was top-notch. The music was a bit quirky for my taste, and I allowed that to alter my opinion of him. Strong vocals, and doesn't sound like anyone in particular.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:48 am

Random Axe wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:50 pm
I stand corrected on Dino.

His work with Stone Leaders was top-notch. The music was a bit quirky for my taste, and I allowed that to alter my opinion of him. Strong vocals, and doesn't sound like anyone in particular.
That’s my favorite of his as well. Great album all around - sounds like ARK and Dino does his best Jorn impression on it :)

This is what I wrote in my year-end review of Dino in SL:

To top off this great album we have vocalist Dino Jelusic, who (when he wants to) sounds so much like Jorn Lande that it’s uncanny. I am not a fan of Dino’s Animal Drive band, so hearing him here in Stone Leaders is a much better experience, and man, he delivers!
Claus Jensen

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:18 pm

introclaus wrote:
What a waste of talent.
This always comes off weird to me. Dude's getting paid on his voice so it's clearly not going to waste.

Anyway, in his stint with The Ralph I didn't think he was really riffing on anyone else's tone too much, personally. Also, great album imo.
https://theralph.bandcamp.com/album/enter-escape