Within Temptation releases re-issued catalogue.......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Within Temptation releases re-issued catalogue.......

Post by LarryD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:19 am

Here we have another band re-issuing their music sans releasing anything new ......this time it's Within Temptation releasing all of their discs in a special box, with bonus tracks added to each one ..... these are not re-mastered by the way.

You can check them out here - and I see them at Amazon as well.

https://www.within-temptation.com/

I won't be grabbing any of these despite my love of the band, as I don't need another copy with just bonus tracks. I have so many WT bonus tracks now, I don't know what to do with them .....

However, I did manage to score a VINYL copy of An Acoustic Night at the Theater which wasn't expensive, and I am stoked to play this one night when I get a chance......speaking of which, of all the DVD / bluray shows this band released, the one show they did not release on video was An Acoustic Night ....go figure, if there was any show that needed to be released on video, this one was IT !!!! I will settle for the intimacy of the vinyl I guess ........

Sir Exar Kun

Re: Within Temptation releases re-issued catalogue.......

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:29 am

My OCD wants to order these, as I do see a few bonus tracks I don't have..... But resisting the urge for now.

Also saw Arjen is re-releasing Universal Migrator with a remix / remaster plus a bonus CD of mostly unreleased stuff. Same situation there.... Nothing on there that I can't live without.
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:35 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:29 am
My OCD wants to order these, as I do see a few bonus tracks I don't have..... But resisting the urge for now.

Also saw Arjen is re-releasing Universal Migrator with a remix / remaster plus a bonus CD of mostly unreleased stuff. Same situation there.... Nothing on there that I can't live without.
****Why not The Final Experiment ? He keeps avoiding any update of this magnificent disc ..... I'm wondering if he thinks it is not a popular one ?

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:08 am

Sir Exar Kun wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:29 pm

****Why not The Final Experiment ? He keeps avoiding any update of this magnificent disc ..... I'm wondering if he thinks it is not a popular one ?
He already did a "special edition" reissue of it back in like 2005? With a whole bonus disc of acoustic and alternate versions?

But yeah, it's almost like he views this and "Actual Fantasy" as outliers..... I'd love to see this one performed in full at some point, along with other "greatest hits"
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:37 pm

He already did a "special edition" reissue of it back in like 2005? With a whole bonus disc of acoustic and alternate versions?
But yeah, it's almost like he views this and "Actual Fantasy" as outliers..... I'd love to see this one performed in full at some point, along with other "greatest hits"

***Yeah I've got that one ...... maybe he figures that was the re-issue and time to move on to something else ......... I've got a serious problem with re-issues with bonus tracks vs re-master with bonus tracks ....... give me the re-masters any day.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:59 am

I srpung for the Acoustic NIght at the Theater VINYL which sounds fabulous !!!!!! I already had it on CD (original) and the newly re-issued CD comes with 3 bonus tracks, one of which is the demo for Utopia, which is already on the disc .... wtf ? I will never understand the marketing ideas for some of these bands .... the other 2 songs are live songd we have heard 100 times ......

The vinyl does not have the bonus tracks - but if you want to hear what WT sounds like in a great setting and not completely compressed, grab the vinyl while you can.....otherwise, I'm staying clear of all these re-issues.