Keith Menser passed away

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Random Axe

Keith Menser passed away

Post by Random Axe » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:11 am

I just read that this morning.

I know his roots go deep with this community and his business acumen has been the subject of scrutiny, but I've never heard he wasn't a good dude. I wasnt around but I guess he did the Progfest show in Baltimore? That's where a lot of you first met?

Our numbers are continuously dwindling. Take care of yourselves!

Scott B

Re: Keith Menser passed away

Post by Scott B » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 am

Keith was the pioneer of the DIY festival. His Powermad Festival was really the seed from which others have grown. The sampler CDs from those shows were legendary. His band Mystic Force absolutely slayed. R.I.P.

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:44 am

Oh man, that's so sad....I will always remember Powermad and how he brought the metal community together. Unfortunately many of us are approaching that age where we will probably start hearing stories like this more often........... RIP Keith....

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:57 pm

This is indeed sad news ..... Keith and I had many conversations over the Powermad years. Say what you want about the festival, but we got to see many bands that we will never see again there .... the stories are endless. R.I.P. Keith and thanks for all you did for us .......

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:10 am

I'm very sad to hear of this.

I dealt a bunch with Keith in the early days of Intromental, especially when I worked with Mayadome, who had been signed to Siegen Records. Always enjoyed our interactions, and man, did he have some stories to tell - once he got started on talking there was no stopping him. Our standing joke in the office was that you could put the phone down, had time to go to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee, come back, pick phone up again and he would still be talking. Between Powermad, Siegen and Mystic Force, Keith was the real DIY-man of the prog/power metal scene back when. He'll be missed.

R.I.P. Keith!
Claus Jensen

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:38 pm

Sorry to hear this. I'll always be thankful for Powermad where I got to hear so many bands I had never been able to see live before and met all of you great people.