Tommy Johansson

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Tommy Johansson

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:52 am

Hey Larry, if you see this message, I know that you can appreciate jaw dropping vocals like I do, just wanted to know what you think about this guy? Although he plays guitar in a power metal band (Sabaton) he's also a very accomplished singer... He has many jaw dropping moments of him singing on his channel, but this is one of my favorites due to the high notes that he hits.....

Tommy Johansson

https://youtu.be/K7iDWCZNu4c

gazinwales

Re: Tommy Johansson

Post by gazinwales » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:34 am

The guy is amazing at everything he touches.
He is much more than a guitar player in Sabaton.
All the cover songs on his channel are all him, singing, all instruments, programming, producer, the whole kitchen sink are all Tommy.
He also has another band where he pretty much does everything, Majestica who have two albums, and the previous incarnation Reinxeed (8 albums)

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:56 am

gazinwales wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:34 am
The guy is amazing at everything he touches.
He is much more than a guitar player in Sabaton.
All the cover songs on his channel are all him, singing, all instruments, programming, producer, the whole kitchen sink are all Tommy.
He also has another band where he pretty much does everything, Majestica who have two albums, and the previous incarnation Reinxeed (8 albums)

Yea, I agree with you...Everytime I listen to one of his new covers, I ask myself, "If this guy for real????" Holy Crap!! Pretty much blows 1/2 the singers I like out of the water, when it comes to range and clarity. Journey's "Separate Ways" shocked the hell out of me it was sooooo good.......By far the best cover I've ever heard of that song..........He's 32 years old and I guess he's been singing since he was 9............

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:00 pm

That was pretty bad ass ...... no one covers a Heart song, much less a male ...... he nailed it.