Speaking to Stones - (In)Human Error

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

EmptyThoughts

Speaking to Stones - (In)Human Error

Post by EmptyThoughts » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:12 pm

For those that didn't know, StS just released their new album on Friday. Man, it's awesome. Insane guitar work, and musicianship, why the new vocalist does the music justice. This album takes them back to their debut sound, so if you enjoyed the debut, you're definitely going to enjoy this one. Check it out: https://open.spotify.com/album/6a89FUp2erwgVTPMYJ4qzS

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Speaking to Stones - (In)Human Error

Post by LarryD » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:09 am

Really looking forward to checking this out but I really loved the last one with Andy singing much more ......... I'm going in with bias but I'm hoping for the best.

devomeister

Post by devomeister » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:49 pm

I just listened through it couple of times yesterday. It's solid. I don't like it as much as the debut, but there's a lot of cool music to digest here. The singer is solid if unspectacular. I like him WORLDS better than Engberg (who's voice I really, really dislike), but my fondness for Fink's vocals on the first album remain.

It doesn't excite me like the debut did, but it seems like rock solid classic prog metal worth some listens.
Check out my professional portfolio:
https://chris_devo.artstation.com/

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:35 am

Copies in transit

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:07 pm

I've had this for a few weeks. It's really good, some parts are amazing. The drawback is the modern vocals. Some of these songs sound like a radio rock singer laid town the tracks. They do work within the overall composition, though

I really, really like Andy's vocals and think his performance on Elements is his finest. This is a very solid album that will only grow on me.