You can now embed You Tube videos in your post.....

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

You can now embed You Tube videos in your post.....

Post by LarryD » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:44 am

You can now embed actual videos into your post if you like instead of having to just submit the link to the video ...... it's your choice. I added some script that enables video at the suggestion of one of our regulars .......

When you submit a new post, where you see the options to change fonts, italics, quotes, etc .... look to the right of those options and you will now see a box (choice) that reads youtube ... just click on youtube where you want to embed the video and you will see this:

[youtube][/youtube]

In between the brackets - you insert just the video code, not the whole link to the video ..... so it will look something like this: [youtube]xxSQpPl0x![/youtube]

Voila !!!! Enjoy.

venidominefan

Re: You can now embed You Tube videos in your post.....

Post by venidominefan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:58 pm

Hey Larry! It works great on desktop but on my iphone thru Safari the videos don't display. There's just a big empty space where the videos should be.
This is your brain on guitar...
Bandcamp >
CDBaby >
Soundcloud >
Spotify >

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:23 am

venidominefan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:58 pm
Hey Larry! It works great on desktop but on my iphone thru Safari the videos don't display. There's just a big empty space where the videos should be.
**** I am completely brain dead when it comes to Apple products ....... I would not have a clue as to what the problem could be ....... It could be as easy as some setting on the phone that allows this it .... or it could be something in here that allows it ...... I would venture to think its on the phone end not here ....

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:23 pm

LarryD wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:23 am
venidominefan wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:58 pm
**** I am completely brain dead when it comes to Apple products ....... I would not have a clue as to what the problem could be ....... It could be as easy as some setting on the phone that allows this it .... or it could be something in here that allows it ...... I would venture to think its on the phone end not here ....
It looks like it's loading youtube over HTTP and not HTTPS, which is likely to get blocked as mixed content in a lot of situations.

Kez

Post by Kez » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:45 pm

I'm seeing only blank space where an embed should be. Windows PC, still running 7.