Sarayasign - Throne of Gold

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Random Axe

Sarayasign - Throne of Gold

Post by Random Axe » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Here's a very pleasant surprise.

This is another crossover band that would appeal to a few genres but I find this to be melodic metal not too far from Last Tribe with a little AOR leaning. The singer, however, is special. He's got a huge Jorn meets Jimi Jamison vibe. He's a freakin stud on this. Its an import only and is expensive but well worth it.

https://youtu.be/jSNN9yrL1bg

introclaus

Re: Sarayasign - Throne of Gold

Post by introclaus » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:17 am

Random Axe wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:02 pm
Here's a very pleasant surprise.

This is another crossover band that would appeal to a few genres but I find this to be melodic metal not too far from Last Tribe with a little AOR leaning. The singer, however, is special. He's got a huge Jorn meets Jimi Jamison vibe. He's a freakin stud on this. Its an import only and is expensive but well worth it.

https://youtu.be/jSNN9yrL1bg
You weren't kidding about the singer - he totally rules! Music is like you said a bit along the style of Last Tribe or Balance of Power (semi-proggy AOR), however, after listening through entire album once I felt a bit let down ... it was a bit bland. Will give it another shot, as the singer really has some serious pipes on him.
Claus Jensen

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:32 am

It suddenly clicked … and hard!
Gosh this album is amazing. Been listening non stop last 3 days
Claus Jensen

BumZen

Post by BumZen » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:55 am

Nice recommendation. What a singer! :shock:
Skambamse

venidominefan

Post by venidominefan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:11 pm

Great album!
This is your brain on guitar...
Bandcamp >
CDBaby >
Soundcloud >
Spotify >

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:38 am

Didn't get the disc yet - but that singer is indeed amazing. It's really good to see singers like that still exist........

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:23 am

Well …. There goes that band …. :(

They’ve signed to Frontiers which means three things will happen:
- there’ll be pressure on them to release an album each year whether they are ready or not, in case they aren’t ready they will be assigned one of Frontiers’ in-house songwriters to help them out and they will end up sounding like any other Frontiers band
- they will be assigned one of the in-house producers to give them the same stupid flat production all Frontiers albums gets these days
- the vocalist will now appear on five different albums in strange constellations each year

Gosh! I know it’s a tough business out there and that Frontiers is a “big” label in the melodic scene, but come on …
Claus Jensen

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:15 pm

Not necessarily.

Stef told me about the Frontiers deal a few months ths back. If you look at some of their bands that aren't congruent to the formula like Paralydium, Turbulence, Seventh Wonder and Stryper. they've pretty much let them do their own thing.

Plus, the music for Throne of Gold is over 20 years old, so no telling what kind of stuff they write now.

Let's give them a chance. Yes, Frontiers can be a formulaic machine buy theyve also had a hand in releasing some pretty badass stuff untainted by Serafino or over produced by Al Del.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:49 am

Random Axe wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:15 pm
Not necessarily.

Stef told me about the Frontiers deal a few months ths back. If you look at some of their bands that aren't congruent to the formula like Paralydium, Turbulence, Seventh Wonder and Stryper. they've pretty much let them do their own thing.

Plus, the music for Throne of Gold is over 20 years old, so no telling what kind of stuff they write now.

Let's give them a chance. Yes, Frontiers can be a formulaic machine buy theyve also had a hand in releasing some pretty badass stuff untainted by Serafino or over produced by Al Del.
Stryper isn’t a good example to be honest with Michael now on three different Frontiers projects.
And I don’t know about Turbulence and Paralydium yet as they are “new” so perhaps Serafino hasn’t gotten to them yet.
Seventh Wonder - well, looks like they are already spreading themselves thin with Andreas delivering his best work of the year on ZH and letting SW become a joke (gosh that newest album sucks).

Okay, in all fairness, I respect Serafino from turning his business into a solid money making machine - but it’s very formulaic and calculated, and many of the bands are suffering from it now.
I’ve worked with Frontiers on various bands in the past and enjoyed most of the interactions I had with Serafino, so to be honest it’s nothing personal. I just don’t want SARAYASIGN to go same way as we’ve seen other bands lately.
Claus Jensen