Malice - In The Beginning

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Malice - In The Beginning

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:23 pm

I've never heard this album ever mentioned on here, but I was a big fan of this Band/Album in high school, and I still enjoy it today.... Anyone else have this on their playlist growing up?

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: Malice - In The Beginning

Post by LarryD » Mon May 16, 2022 8:17 am

prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:23 pm
I've never heard this album ever mentioned on here, but I was a big fan of this Band/Album in high school, and I still enjoy it today.... Anyone else have this on their playlist growing up?
***I love these blast from the past posts ...... :D

I had that album plus License to Kill growing up - and it wasn't until a few years ago that I gave the vinyl away ........ the problem with this band back in the day was that they were constantly being compared to Judas Priest, and for good reason - singer James Neal had a Halford like voice minus the really high pitched screams (think the singer from Manimal without the power) and releasing Priest clone albums right around the time Priest was releasing albums did not do well for them .... they always remained a 2nd-tier Priest clone in the eyes of metal heads ......

Great post -- keep these coming ........

prog_powermetal99

Re: Malice - In The Beginning

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:28 pm

LarryD wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:17 am
prog_powermetal99 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:23 pm
***I love these blast from the past posts ...... :D

I had that album plus License to Kill growing up - and it wasn't until a few years ago that I gave the vinyl away ........ the problem with this band back in the day was that they were constantly being compared to Judas Priest, and for good reason - singer James Neal had a Halford like voice minus the really high pitched screams (think the singer from Manimal without the power) and releasing Priest clone albums right around the time Priest was releasing albums did not do well for them .... they always remained a 2nd-tier Priest clone in the eyes of metal heads ......

Great post -- keep these coming ........

I definitely get the Priest reference. Although when I first heard the song Godz of Thunder, I remember my jaw hitting the floor at the vocalist's ability. I kept thinking that even Rob Halford couldn't hit cleans that long and sustained. Just absolutely amazing highs..... The vocalist really blew me away and made me a fan of the band. If it wasn't for their vocalist I probably would have been much much less interested.....