Trying to Find out where to purchase Epica's Omega Alive in DVD Format? Any Help?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

Trying to Find out where to purchase Epica's Omega Alive in DVD Format? Any Help?

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 pm

I absolutely loved Epica's Omega Alive streaming concert and I wanted to get it on DVD(don't have Bluray). Anyway, I see it for sale through the record label and on Ebay etc, but I'm having a hard dime determining if will play on American DVD Players. Not to mention some places I see it listed as Blu-ray/DVD) but since it's on sale from another country, I'm not sure if I should take the risk and buy it....Any help would be much appreciated!

Dusty

gazinwales

Re: Trying to Find out where to purchase Epica's Omega Alive in DVD Format? Any Help?

Post by gazinwales » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:58 pm

Look on discogs, all the Omega Live DVD are NTSC.

prog_powermetal99

Re: Trying to Find out where to purchase Epica's Omega Alive in DVD Format? Any Help?

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:46 am

thanks. I'll check it out....NTSC means that they can play on American DVD Players, right?

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:47 pm

Be careful. Australian NTSC is a different region than North America. It might not play on a US DVD player.

gazinwales

Post by gazinwales » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:12 pm

@LE we don't have NTSC in Australia mate, it's an American and Japan thing :mrgreen:

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Meh. You do everything backwards.

gazinwales

Post by gazinwales » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:56 pm

Uh no we don't, nearly all our DVD/BR players will play just about any format from around the world.
The small chance they don't you can hack them to do so, any decent salesman in the shop will even 'hack' it for you before you buy it.