Best of 2021 for me.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

RickyRock

Best of 2021 for me.

Post by RickyRock » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:14 pm

First of all, these lists help me discover stuff I missed during the year and usually lead to mucho purchases! Great reason for following this site alone. Now I figure I'll throw my faves of the year out there cause it just might lead to someone else doing the aforementioned thing that I have done,,, I'm just gonna name my faves with no links or anything like that because we have this site called youtube where you can find anything I might mention and then some. So, here we go.
No order, but I will emphatically say what was number one...

Vola-Witness. I have not disliked anything this band has put out. Great production also on this courtesy of Jacob Hansen. Now for the rest of the best for these ears.
The Paradox Twin-Silence From Signals. Emotional and very moving goosebump music.
Poverty's No Crime-A Secret to hide. Killer with no filler
Turbulence-Frontal. Bad ass...
Witherfall-Curse of Autumn. Vocalist is insane...
W.E.T.-Retransmission. Killer AOR 80's style.
Ross Jennings-A Shadow of my Future Self. Just an incredible record. Poppy but rather brilliant!
Need-Norchestrion. Solid as all hell.
Navian-Cosmos. All instrumental but so damn well done.
Helloween-Helloween. What can I say that hasn't been said already?
Flotsam and Jetsam-Blood in the Water. Erik A.K. oh, and the drummer, wow. Thrash at it's finest
Eternity's End-Embers of War. The guitar playing is from another world.
The Cyberium-Connected. Great stuff that you should check out if you've never heard of them