LEGACY PILOTS / The Penrose Triangle .......

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

LEGACY PILOTS / The Penrose Triangle .......

Post by LarryD » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:35 am

Just when I was coming to the realization that their last disc is a monster - they release this one just now. It's a different colored monster, but a monster nonetheless.......
I'm not sure how I missed this band in the past, but I'm happy Ken Golden directed me to them when he did ...... this band feeds my Alan Parsons Project bug, but it also provides some quality, over the top, progressive music if you will ...... they do call themselves progressive, but then so do Alan Parsons Project. This band is a more epic, more "serious" version of the Alan Parsons project, but this time around I hear more of an Alan Parsons meets Eloy influence than of the previous disc where I heard more influences overall....they seemed to have honed in on this particular sound this time rather than the various styles approach of the last one ....

No mistake - this will be too commercial for most here. But commercial in the sense that the songs are very accessible, melodic, and can stick in your head. The production is over the top, superb and it's obvious the main guy Frank Us, has some coin to make this sound so good and have these people playing on the disc --

Steve Rothery
Todd Sucherman
Marco Minneman
Eric Gilette
John Mitchell
.....and many more.

Here is a video from them -- check them out when you can.

https://www.legacypilots.com/

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: LEGACY PILOTS / The Penrose Triangle .......

Post by LarryD » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:06 am

This will be a Top 10 disc for me. I am enthralled with this band.

Frank Us

Post by Frank Us » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 am

Hi Larry,
A friend of mine came across this board via a google search and have let me know about it.

I more than happy that our latest work is recieved so well.
Though allow me to make a comment on this sentence:
the main guy Frank Us, has some coin to make this sound so good and have these people playing on the disc --

Of course there are some costs involved in a production like this, but still - it's a Family & Friends project.
The Musicians are all mates of mine, with some I share a friendship since decades.
Just to let you know :wink:

Cheers,
Frank

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Frank Us wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 am
Hi Larry,
A friend of mine came across this board via a google search and have let me know about it.

I more than happy that our latest work is recieved so well.
Though allow me to make a comment on this sentence:
the main guy Frank Us, has some coin to make this sound so good and have these people playing on the disc --

Of course there are some costs involved in a production like this, but still - it's a Family & Friends project.
The Musicians are all mates of mine, with some I share a friendship since decades.
Just to let you know :wink:

Cheers,
Frank
***Hi Frank ..... glad to see you here. Thanks for a great disc, and keep up the great work ........ No offense on the coin comment -- I'm assuming that in this day and age, it does cost some good money to make a good sounding disc that most bands don't have these days ........ it is that good.

All the best to you on future projects ...... these last two discs are excellent !!!!!!

Frank Us

Post by Frank Us » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:01 am

No offense on the coin comment --

Nahh... I had not understood it that way either 😉
All the best to you on future projects ......
We will give our very best...

Random Axe

Post by Random Axe » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:48 pm

I'm gonna have to give this a try. I'll youtube it tonight. Sounds like something I'd totally dig