LEGACY PILOTS / Aviation .........

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

LEGACY PILOTS / Aviation .........

Post by LarryD » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:07 am

So I put together my non-metal list of discs that I had bought recently, and I kept this one aside as I wanted to give it a proper shout out ...... I'm pretty sure I mentioned this one in a past "haul" list, I didn't look it up but I probably made some passing comment on it that didn't bring any attention to it that it deserved.....strangely, I kept this out in the " to listen " pile for many months.... it was a 2020 release but I'm sure I got it from The Lasers Edge this year, not sure ......

I've played this disc for about a week straight now - maybe twice a day. I'm not sure how I missed out on the greatness of this thing ..... it just hit me suddenly after sitting in the pile for months ..... I've had some casual listens, and looking at the digi-pak artwork of an old war plane doesn't draw attention to the disc either unless you turn it over and see the beautiful picture of a guitar - now how those two pictures equate, I don't know ......however, I do believe that this is a concept disc about (you guessed it) aviation .... pilots, dreams, hope, failure, stars, etc etc ......

Inside - you have a monster of influences throughout the disc - I'm hearing Alan Parsons Project, The Moody Blues, Kansas, ELP, King Crimson, and so much more .....open the booklet and see who is playing on it:

Marco Minneman
Todd Sucherman
John Mitchell
Steve Morse
Jordan Rudess
Pete Trewavas
and more.......

Someone has an in to these guys somehow .......strangely, there are no lyrics included with the digi-pak, something I found strange since this is vocally driven to tell the aviation story ....... there are two instrumentals I believe, including the last song at 8:35.....tracks range from average 4-5:00 with the last track at 8:35 and another trackl at 10:18. The vibe in the songs are different yet intertwined..... I get that Moody Blues / Alan Parsons feel right away and then it turns more proggy like the ELP and K. Crimson vibes I'm getting as well ......
Ken tells me that Legacy Pilots is about to release a new disc soon .......I can honestly say that they have huge shows to fill with a new one, and its their own shoes.......good luck with that cause I deem this one a monster of a disc........ with so many influences, I hear a blend of neo-prog / prog rock / melodic rock / hard rock....... I missed the greatness of this one on first round, but I'm glad it stayed in the pile and kept calling me to go back to it .... it was more than worth it .....

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=69811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQu6_4lxYo
https://www.legacypilots.com/

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: LEGACY PILOTS / Aviation .........

Post by LarryD » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:50 am

So while I'm touting this Legacy Pilots disc, the new one just came out and I ordered it along with the re-mastered Saga / Generation 13 disc ........ can't wait to hear this new one .........

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm

I have been listening to the new Legacy Pilots the last two days on YouTube. It is exquisite! This will be a purchase for me.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am

The Watcher wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm
I have been listening to the new Legacy Pilots the last two days on YouTube. It is exquisite! This will be a purchase for me.
****Good to hear -- mine should be here any day now from The Lasers Edge ........