The Paradox Twin: Silence from signals

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

RickyRock

The Paradox Twin: Silence from signals

Post by RickyRock » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 pm

I could have just posted this in new stuff Friday’s. But I didn’t. I have been waiting patiently for this one. It does not disappoint.Those who get into Anathema should love the hell out of this release. Give this a listen. If you just want to start with one tune make it Wake Vortex…Then if you don’t dig it you probably won’t dig the rest!

introclaus

Re: The Paradox Twin: Silence from signals

Post by introclaus » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:23 am

RickyRock wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 pm
I could have just posted this in new stuff Friday’s. But I didn’t. I have been waiting patiently for this one. It does not disappoint.Those who get into Anathema should love the hell out of this release. Give this a listen. If you just want to start with one tune make it Wake Vortex…Then if you don’t dig it you probably won’t dig the rest!
First pass through and it’s really nice. The last one bored me to sleep and I didn’t enjoy the singer, but this sounds much better. That said, there’s zero originality here - it’s a carbon copy of later day Anathema (which isn’t a bad thing).
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:28 am

I'm really looking forward to this one as well ........ I enjoyed the previous one very much.

RickyRock

Post by RickyRock » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:02 pm

After several more listens, I have to say this is my favorite release this year. Just a wee bit ahead of Vola. This may not be for everyone but one thing for sure, it is one incredibly emotional listening experience. I love it when music just takes you away, and this one hits it for me..I’m eagerly waiting Larry’s response to this one.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:14 pm

I only see this as an import - but its streaming so I'll check it out and asap and post the thoughts .......

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:06 am

Will have stock soon.

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 pm

LASERCD wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:06 am
Will have stock soon.
*** :D

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm

First pass thru this one on stream ....... I'm torn. As you guys have said, this is now Post-Rock Anathema style ........ anyone into Anathema should check this one out........ I like the previous effort, more song oriented, more groove whereas this one sounds the same song to song ....... you really have to be into that Post-Rock style to appreciate this ......

Where it does shine - and Claus I agree with you - the vocals are WAY better here than on the previous disc ...... he obviously has found his range, style and depth and it is on display here. The mood and atmosphere are grandiose - I find myself questioning life about halfway thru ......... one point, the production is super compressed, and less open than the previous disc. Had to crank this one up to really appreciate it ......maybe on CD that will change as I'm streaming it ......

Strangely, the vocals are the shining point here .....he is really wailing and controlled. So where the previous disc is "grab anytime you want" disc - this one is definitely a mood disc and it does fulfill its purpose... will play this more and grab the CD from Ken when he gets it ...... but its really, really well done if you are into that Anathema style and mood. A drastic change from the last disc for sure ........

Chris R

Post by Chris R » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:08 pm

This is what I was looking for before I made a post about this...
Sucks I had the glitch in being able to log in from my phone

I litterally just discovered this band through my girlfriend when she was asking if there was anything in the Anathema/Marillion style that was new lately,she randomly found this video in the Marillion North American group when a post about Klone (another incredible find this week I missed out on discovering here probably)playing the Cruise to the Edge..

https://youtu.be/KUgnaItW8uo

Needless to say I've had this song on repeat the past 3 days

I'm about to do a major ITUNES haul as I finally got an IPod touch for my entire library (don't laugh..I hate having to use my phone as a player with how many interruptions I get per hour that harshes my vibe)
Seems on 1st listen this new album is a monster...

What is their other stuff like ?
Last edited by Chris R on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarja is a female woman

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:25 am

Funny you ask about their previous release ......I was just playing the new one and thinking about how different this one is from the previous one ... and I mean totally different.

This one is pure post-rock / Anathema worship and his vocals are stellar.
The previous one is more in the Neo-Prog / Prog Rock / soft rock category...more song oriented, more grooves, better production, but his vocals aren't what they are on the new one .......they are good, but not like what you are hearing now ......

I prefer the last one musically - but I prefer his vocals on this one by far ........... 2 different beasts. If I had to choose one, I'd choose the last one over this one, and I like this one .......