off Topic: Anyone know how Troy and Todd Are Doing?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

prog_powermetal99

off Topic: Anyone know how Troy and Todd Are Doing?

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:45 pm

Been worried sick about them and their families over the last couple of days as I believe they still live in the New Orleans area? Anyone??

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: off Topic: Anyone know how Troy and Todd Are Doing?

Post by LarryD » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:13 pm

They are ok --- they don't have power. running water, and spotty internet / cell phone service ............ I believe that Todd has running water back, but they did not lose their houses like they did with Katrina ..........

It will take some time to get back to "normal" but they are survivors and are doing what they can ...........

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:02 pm

awesome news Larry! Thanks for the update! Yea, I'll never forget how horrible Katrina was to them......

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:31 pm

I am fine! We evac'd to the in-laws in the opposite corner of the state. We got insanely lucky and only had to clean debris out of the back yard. The house lost power for about 24-36 hours, but we were able to come home Tuesday. I only got internet back Thursday night and we took my wife in for a surgery Friday morning (which also went great and we're back home this morning) so I hadn't had a chance to check in till just now. I've been talking to Todd and family off and on trying to get them info, but they also got pretty lucky and escaped major damage of any kind, but the whole NO Metro area is smashed as hell and it's going to be a while before they get their real power back. They do have a generator, though.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Mardoch wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:31 pm
I am fine! We evac'd to the in-laws in the opposite corner of the state. We got insanely lucky and only had to clean debris out of the back yard. The house lost power for about 24-36 hours, but we were able to come home Tuesday. I only got internet back Thursday night and we took my wife in for a surgery Friday morning (which also went great and we're back home this morning) so I hadn't had a chance to check in till just now. I've been talking to Todd and family off and on trying to get them info, but they also got pretty lucky and escaped major damage of any kind, but the whole NO Metro area is smashed as hell and it's going to be a while before they get their real power back. They do have a generator, though.

Thank you for the update - so glad to hear all of you are okay. You’ve been in our thoughts for sure.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:27 am

Mardoch wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:31 pm
****Glad to hear you are ok Doug and managed to avoid that evil beast of a storm.......... it is so heart breaking to watch this happen to you guys every single year......