The Neal Morse Band - Live in Tilburg 2017 (Similitude of a Dream) bluray.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

The Neal Morse Band - Live in Tilburg 2017 (Similitude of a Dream) bluray.

Post by LarryD » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:01 pm

This is one of those times where I just don't have an answer to this question - why didn't I get this bluray sooner ? I love the CD, I love the concept, and it could only be great played live as those who saw it can attest to ( and I am jealous of those of you that did ).

So while I'm not late on the CD ( I got it when it first came out ) I am late to the party on this bluray, and despite the guys telling me how great this show was when it came out, I didn't bother to get for some reason that I couldn't even begin to guess at. So yes - " I told you so stupid " does apply here so feel free ......

In the meantime, after finally seeing this for the first time yesterday, I am in awe at how I felt during and after the show ...... in fact, my wife had to endure the many " this is awesome " and " this is better than a DT show " and " How could I have not gotten this sooner " comments I yelled out during the show ......

This show felt right on so many levels ...... it feels even more melodic and more compelling played live than it does on disc. The musicians are better appreciated here, especially Eric Gillette, who just awed me to death. Yes I've seen him live before so I know how good he is - here, he just took on another meaning of greatness for me....even Neal Morse, whose voice is hit or miss with me on disc, just rang out perfect for me here on bluray. Such a professional, no nonsense show at that.....it started out with an incredible feeling and never let up even after I hit the eject button. I live for bluray shows like this, and although I could have gotten this one much sooner, I did not and I missed out on it all of this time .....

But as we all know - better late than never, and I'll have to just play this thing to death for the years I've missed out on it ...... truly one of the best performances I've seen in quite awhile, and for me to say that this rivals or betters a DT show for me, is really saying something. I have not had a feeling like this in quite some time upon seeing a show as I did with this one ..... absolutely incredible. If you have made the mistake that I did, and you still don't have this one, run out and do it now, although I can't imagine any fan of this disc not having the show - they wouldn't be as negligent as I have been ........ :wink: