Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Re: I like this video of Queensrÿche - "Screaming In Digital" on Youtube

Post by LarryD » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:56 am

****That is very cool !!!!! I love when people do things like that. Speaking of which, I've been on a QR kick lately and just discovered some live videos of Geoff Tate doing the Rage for Order / Empire discs in their entirety. It's just not the same ....... Went back to some videos of when Chris DeGarmo was in the band, and the magic reappeared instantly......what Tate should have done is released that acoustic show he did a few years ago ....... now that was magic.

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:05 am

That is very cool !!!!! I love when people do things like that. Speaking of which, I've been on a QR kick lately and just discovered some live videos of Geoff Tate doing the Rage for Order / Empire discs in their entirety. It's just not the same ....... Went back to some videos of when Chris DeGarmo was in the band, and the magic reappeared instantly......what Tate should have done is released that acoustic show he did a few years ago ....... now that was magic.
It doesn't have to be "the same" to be good. I went (skeptically) to the show here last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tate sounded great, and the band did a mostly solid job musically. If he comes near you, I'd recommend it, honestly, and I never thought I'd say that!
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:39 pm

It doesn't have to be "the same" to be good. I went (skeptically) to the show here last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tate sounded great, and the band did a mostly solid job musically. If he comes near you, I'd recommend it, honestly, and I never thought I'd say that!
***Yes I get it ... and do agree. I just have a sour taste in my mouth for what he did to that band - but I digress. Its very hard for me to see him do these classics by himself and I don't begrudge him that ...its his music after all. There is a certain band chemistry that I do miss when it comes to some of these older bands, QR being one of them ...... But as I said, his acoustic show was amazing - I enjoyed that very much.

MidKnight

Post by MidKnight » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:18 am

I feel dirty watching that video on my phone.
I never got a hotdog! (or that Mini 5 track DTM cd )