Nightwish video with Anette?

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Mark

Nightwish video with Anette?

Post by Mark » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Because Nightwish were one of the first power metal bands I heard (which is probably a common thing), I had an outsized love for them in the early 2000s. That fell off as time went on and the number of bands I was paying attention to at the same time exploded, but they still occupy a treasured place for me because of their role in steering my music taste back then.

I got to see the Tarja version of the band live, and I own two DVDs from the Tarja era and two blu-rays of Tarja's solo stuff.
I got to see the Anette version of the band live.
I have (sadly) never seen the Floor version live, even though I think she's their best singer. I do however own three DVDs of the band with her fronting them so I have seen video in that sense.

I am not aware of any DVD release of the Anette-fronted NW. Did they release anything and I missed it? Or maybe something was released in Europe or Japan but not in the USA? Has anyone come across good footage of them with Anette on Youtube?

Anette's albums aren't my favorite, but I do like parts of them, and not having any video edition with Anette is a glaring gap in my collection.

gazinwales

Re: Nightwish video with Anette?

Post by gazinwales » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:27 am

I have been lucky enough to see Nightwish with all three singers, including Tarja's last show.
Tarja for me at least is still the best singer for the band, Anette was great with her songs, but couldn't pull off the majority of her predecessor.

But to answer your question, there is no officially released live show with Anette, although there's loads of pro-shot festival shows on YT with her.
I do remember seeing a master DVDR copy of an Anette show a few years ago when I last visited the offices of NW management, but this was never released. I suspect strongly that it's to do with her acrimonious departure from the band.

https://youtu.be/_toxZqbK_Kk
https://youtu.be/fZ2O7IDTFnQ