MYSTERY / Caught in the Whirlwind of Time ..... bluray concert.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

MYSTERY / Caught in the Whirlwind of Time ..... bluray concert.

Post by LarryD » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Mystery has just released another live show, this time on Bluray, in honor of their Live and Butterflies tour, in which they play that disc in its entirety..........plus, they play all of their other best songs as well .........

Strangely, they have only released it as a whole package - and it is a 3-CD / Bluray package that is a bit on the costly side..........

You can order it here at The Lasers Edge as I did > https://www.lasercd.com/dvd/caught-whir ... ray-deluxe

Or you can order it from the band at a higher cost and shipping > https://www.therealmystery.com/product- ... xe-edition

This is a 2hr and 45minute show, and judging from the videos I've seen, its going to be masterful. I'm a huge fan of this band, and when bands release packages like this ( I wish more would ) - kudos to Mystery for releasing this beast to be during such a rough time in our lives............

One thing I have learned during this Covid time - first hand I might add - life is too short to wait on things like this. Sure, I'm still budget conscious, but when something like this pops up, something that will bring pleasure to my world, I'm jumping on it .......

Mystery Bluray concert
New Poverty's NO Crime disc
New Sylvan disc
PoS / BE and 12:5 re-mastered for vinyl

This year is taking off for me ( at least musically )........

GaetanL

Re: MYSTERY / Caught in the Whirlwind of Time ..... bluray concert.

Post by GaetanL » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:06 pm

A single Blu-ray edition is also available. This is what I have. I think they have remade the Blu-ray disc for it to be compatible to all US Blu-ray players. Check before ordering if this is what you are looking for.
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:03 pm

GaetanL wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:06 pm
A single Blu-ray edition is also available. This is what I have. I think they have remade the Blu-ray disc for it to be compatible to all US Blu-ray players. Check before ordering if this is what you are looking for.
***Have not seen the single edition anywhere ...... and yes, this is the bluray that is compatible with USA players......... they added in the 3-CD set as well with this edition, and I'll take it ........ :wink:

GaetanL

Post by GaetanL » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:15 pm

The single Blu-ray edition is available on the Mystery website but there is still a warning about the compatibility with US Blu-ray players...

https://www.therealmystery.com/product- ... nd-of-time
Gaétan
Musique Progressive Dynamique
Site consacré au métal progressif, au néo-prog et au hard rock
http://www.musiqueprog.net

LASERCD

Post by LASERCD » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:38 pm

The only Blu-ray that is guaranteed Us compatible is contained in the deluxe set.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:00 pm

Got my shipping notification, looking forward to this

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:01 pm

Mark wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:00 pm
Got my shipping notification, looking forward to this
****Same here - and I have no problem paying the price that it is especially when 1) It's a compatible bluray 2) 3-CD set 3) It's a 3-hr Mystery show.

Cannot wait for this one .......

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:41 am

I'm one of those that feel MYSTERY is way-too-light for my taste buds to agree with, but because Larry keeps raving about 'em I've tried time and time again. Every single time with the result that I had to go listen to Manowar right after, just to redeem some of my manliness ...

Well, guess what, I gave this live album a spin (just so Larry couldn't accuse me of being a stubborn old man, since that's what I do to him all the time), and lo and behold, I actually liked it! So much in fact, that I paid the $9.99 to iTunes to own my own copy (well, digital copy) of this live disc. Woot! And no, this doesn't mean I'm a convert to the Church of Mystery and soft-as-a-sponge-metro-prog, heck no, but I'll give them that in this live setting it works fine for me.
Claus Jensen

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:12 am

I'm one of those that feel MYSTERY is way-too-light for my taste buds to agree with, but because Larry keeps raving about 'em I've tried time and time again. Every single time with the result that I had to go listen to Manowar right after, just to redeem some of my manliness ...
***I'm a bit surprised by this considering your love for Neo-Prog in general ......I do admit that Lies & Butterflies was a little light for me as well, at first ......but it grew on me quickly and the Mystery quality just took right over......On the manliness subject - don't feel alone because when I played Glenn some Mystery, he said it was good but he quickly reached for his Mercenary right afterwards..... that said, we all know that you and Glenn are two of the manliest dudes on the planet so no worries there....

Well, guess what, I gave this live album a spin (just so Larry couldn't accuse me of being a stubborn old man, since that's what I do to him all the time), and lo and behold, I actually liked it! So much in fact, that I paid the $9.99 to iTunes to own my own copy (well, digital copy) of this live disc. Woot! And no, this doesn't mean I'm a convert to the Church of Mystery and soft-as-a-sponge-metro-prog, heck no, but I'll give them that in this live setting it works fine for me.
****In all seriousness - the live setting is where Mystery really shines.......how they reproduce that same vibe and sound that they do on disc in a live setting is amazing in itself...... glad you gave it a whirl and that you're digging it ........

LarryD
Site Admin

Post by LarryD » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:28 pm

This is seriously an awesome show ...... all I can really say to sum it up is that its pure quality Mystery from the word go ........ fantastic audio and video and the songs come off as very powerful ....... their sound is as exquisite as it is on disc. The bass player uses taurus pedals as well live adding to a nice, deep bass sound......

If you are a Mystery fan -- this is a no-brainer if you don't mind shelling out the cash ......as I've mentioned, it is a bit costly, but you also get the 3-CD set with it as well......I will nitpick slightly here - if you are a purist in the video dept like I am, you will notice what is probably the result of them having to go back and make this suitable for USA bluray players......every now and then, you can see what looks like a digital glitch, almost like a quick pause in the video, a jerky motion if you will.....it does happen, and if you look for it the entire time it might be an issue for you. AFter a few of these, I settled down into the show and quickly forgot this thing.....reminding myself that I am an avid Mystery fan, and this is the only way I will probably ever get to see this band in a live setting..... pure bliss here.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Watching this bad boy right now! On the second song so far, so I have a long evening of Mystery ahead of me...