Reading Zero Remasters

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Russ P

Reading Zero Remasters

Post by Russ P » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Greetings PM Board, I wanted to let you know that we have remastered our release from 2000, "Satellite Sessions" and our 4 song "Next Stage Demo" from 2002. You can take a listen on the official Reading Zero YouTube channel. Both projects were self recorded and released by the band back in the day. Without the luxury of the expensive studio we used for our 1998 debut cd "The Actual", "Satellite Sessions" and "Next Stage Demo" did not pack the sonic punch of our debut. These 2021 Remasters have added some clarity to the recordings.

For those who have never heard of Reading Zero, some of our influences are Fates Warning, Queensryche and Iron Maiden, as well as heavier bands such as Metallica and Testament.

Thanks For Listening!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrxcIa ... Qzg/videos

ToddinMN

Re: Reading Zero Remasters

Post by ToddinMN » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:34 am

Russ, this is awesome! Honestly, I haven't listened to RZ in years but this takes me back to a special time in my life. In 2001 my brother and I travelled from St. Paul down to JJ Kelley's for Progpower 1. What an awesome time! First time I was able to see prog metal live.

My older brother, who was more of a traditional 80's metalhead was blown away by all the great bands. I specifically remember a comment he made about RZ: "How in the hell can guys wearing cardigan sweater's play such killer music". I hadn't really noticed until then but you guys were snappy dressers :D

Speaking of PP1, does anyone know what happened to Etheria? I thought they had a demo out, but never really heard anything from them after PP1.

Russ P

Post by Russ P » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Our usual metal attire was probably dirty so we had to go with the cardigans...

Thanks for listening!

BC

Post by BC » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:08 pm

Welcome to the board, Russ!
Is a song titled "Everybody Dies" supposed to sound so happy?
Doom, gloom, the World goes boom! None will be spared, so don't assume. Not ragged clothed nor silver spooned. You're all the same when extinction looms!