IQ / Live Like This .... new Bluray concert.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

IQ / Live Like This .... new Bluray concert.

Post by LarryD » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Just got in the new bluray from IQ called Live Like This ..... it contains 2 shows actually. The first, is from The Show of Resistance tour from the name of the same disc....... and you get the EVER show recorded from 2018 on the 25th anniversary show of that disc. So for the price of $20 from The Lasers Edge this is a steal..... I'll take two shows from IQ any day ......

Note - this plays beautifully on my LG PAL player ...... no worries there. This is not NTSC.

Rant - I've got to put up the middle finger to digi-paks, especially when they are blurays !!!!!! They look so cheap and the slightest drop or slice (be careful opening the plastic off these things, they scratch just by looking at them. I know they save money and all - but man, they don't hold up in the long run and these shows are priceless and need to be kept in plastic, not these cardboard foldings. There, I said it again. Bad enough for CDs, now doing it for blurays.....sheesh.

Ok - onto the show. If you have any IQ shows, then you know what this is all about ...... this one is filmed in a smaller club then they usually play, or so it appears, and the lighting off the LED screens behind them light up the show in Neon colors, like blue, pink and the like ...... they look like a giant X-Ray on the stage at times. But really who cares ? It's IQ and I'm all for these shows that they keep putting out. As far as the audio / video quality, it's just a tad under The Road of Bones show, due to the neon lighting, and the audio is just a bit thinner than the Road of Bones show .......

I have not gotten to the EVER show as of this writing - but if you like that disc, you should love the entire disc played live; can't wait to get to this one .......

They throw in From the Outside and the Road of Bones from that album, as well as The Wake as an extra.... it's all here in glorious IQ style.

On a cool note - Mike Holmes and Peter Nicholls look older than I do ..... hehehehe ......I feel good about that .........

On a sad note - Peter Nicholls includes a written piece in the booklet about the current state of the virus. HIs words makes me sad to think that this show was filmed just before the virus hit, and he wonders of things will ever be the same as it was during this show. He does say that IQ will back in the future, in the new normal ....whatever that is......

When IQ releases anything, I'm buying blind. When they put out a concert bluray, it's magical. This band can do no wrong.