Lee Abraham / The Seasons Turn - excellent Neo-Prog.

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

LarryD
Site Admin

Lee Abraham / The Seasons Turn - excellent Neo-Prog.

Post by LarryD » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm not sure how this guy got away from me after all of these years ....... Stevie turned me onto this guy ( Man I wish Stevie would start posting again ) ......after hearing a few songs on you tube, I was hooked. Bought this one blind from The Lasers Edge ....... talk about balls - a 25:00 opening song. Gotta love it .......

After hearing this disc, I was convinced he had to be in some other well known band ..... no one in that genre goes off on their own or starts on their own. Sure enough, he was in Galahad around the 2005 era.......being from England, I also figure he had to have some big ties to his name. Right again - John Mitchell, Jon Jowitt, Martin Orford, and the great Karl Groom ( who mastered this disc ) are all mentioned as having contributed to this and other discs of his .....

Lee is a guitarist / keyboard / singer .......the music is typical English neo-prog but on the lighter side. Think Jadis, Red Jasper, Twelfth Night, and many others of days gone by and you might have this sound...... atmospheric, melodic, surreal, flowing, Pink Floyd, Pendragon, Jadis and even a little Anathema in the sound. The production is very good as well.

He has about 6 or 7 solo discs out now ..... Stevie says that Comatose is essential ( it's Lee's concept disc it looks like ) and he just released a new one called Harmony / Synchronicity.

You can check him out here > http://2020.leeabraham.co.uk/

Gaetan take note if you haven't already .......