Wow! Jason Bieler goes prog! And I'm in love!

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Norén

Wow! Jason Bieler goes prog! And I'm in love!

Post by Norén » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:01 pm

I have always loved Saigon Kick, and also Jasons solo stuff. And now he has teamed up with Devin Townsend, Todd LaTorre (Queensrÿche), Jeff Scott Soto Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thall (Sons Of Apollo), Dave Ellefson (Megadeth), Pat Badger (Extreme), Clint Lowery (Sevendust), Benji Webbe (Skindred) and Kyle Sanders (Hellyeah).

First single is fantastic. Sounds like the pefect blend of Saigon Kick and Devin Townsend.

Jason Bieler and The Baron Von Bielski Orchestra - "Apology"
https://youtu.be/lNvZZ6oiX1o
CD ARTWORK -> www.progart.com

Mardoch
Site Admin

Re: Wow! Jason Bieler goes prog! And I'm in love!

Post by Mardoch » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Whoa this is really good. I'm a complete sucker for a great vocal harmony and there are lots of nicely harmonized sections in here. Also I had no idea LaTorre was a drummer, lol.

Scott B

Post by Scott B » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:05 am

One of the best shows you will ever see is Bielski live. Super funny, and after you see him play you realize how much of Saigon Kick was him. I've seen him a couple of times in a very small "acoustic" setting. Soto was there for one gig, LaTorre for the other. Looking forward to spinning the vinyl soon!

johnhead

Post by johnhead » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Mardoch wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:42 pm
Whoa this is really good. I'm a complete sucker for a great vocal harmony and there are lots of nicely harmonized sections in here. Also I had no idea LaTorre was a drummer, lol.
I think Todd did all the drums on the last QR album as Scott is still on 'materity leave'

Norén

Post by Norén » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:47 pm

The album is out now. Sounds absolutely fantastic.
https://open.spotify.com/album/0WRGlQiP ... zT8P8dPbCg
CD ARTWORK -> www.progart.com

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:56 pm

I wish I could enjoy this, but just like Devin Townsend it annoys the heck out of me, and I just want to turn it off immediately.
Claus Jensen

prog_powermetal99

Post by prog_powermetal99 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:15 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:56 pm
I wish I could enjoy this, but just like Devin Townsend it annoys the heck out of me, and I just want to turn it off immediately.
I'm not a fan of old Devin in strapping young lads, as he screams too much for my taste. But after hearing some of his newer solo stuff. He actually has a pretty darn good voice. I first heard his potential on a youtube video called "kingdom" and man that guy can Belt!! And then I heard some of his softer songs.... But yea Devin is extremely quirky...... He's definitely an acquired taste..... I'd love to meet the guy though, as I hear he's one of the most nicest chill dudes ever................

Kez

Post by Kez » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 am

Strangely enough, I agree with Claus. I really tried with this, but found myself agitated by it. Definitely not my thing.

Sir Exar Kun

Post by Sir Exar Kun » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 am

This is less about "Jason Bieler goes prog" and more about "Saigon Kick joined the 21st century".

Really enjoyable album, and sonically brings back a lot of memories of the "Devil in the Details". Very enjoyable album!!!
Capitalism: God's way of separating the smart from the poor. -Ron Swanson

MitchG

Post by MitchG » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:32 am

Just listened to this for the first time. I really liked the first couple tracks, but struggled getting through the rest. It turns out I have the same problem with this that I tended to have with Saigon Kick: it's just stylistically all over the place. I have trouble getting into a groove with it and it starts to feel like too much work to listen to.
-MG
"This day is overrated now that I'm awake"