Let's have a little chat...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Mardoch
Site Admin

Let's have a little chat...

Post by Mardoch » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:09 am

It's beyond clear some folks here don't really like one another. That's fine. I would request that you act like an adult about it, though. Non-stop unprovoked aggression isn't warranted, useful, or enjoyable. If you can't stand seeing someone's posts use the Foe feature to ignore them.

I don't have any desire to be a heavy-handed moderator. I really don't like deleting posts. That said, the thread that started this will stay in place, but locked, as an example of Shit We Shouldn't Have To Deal With.

If you need the shorter version: don't be a dick

I'm open to feedback regarding this or any other situation or forum happening.

introclaus

Re: Let's have a little chat...

Post by introclaus » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:41 am

Obviously you consider me a dick. That’s a nice way to thank those who’ve kept the forum alive for years and delivered majority of posts here.
Claus Jensen

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:04 pm

introclaus wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:41 am
Obviously you consider me a dick. That’s a nice way to thank those who’ve kept the forum alive for years and delivered majority of posts here.
I genuinely like you, Claus. If I didn't I wouldn't engage you directly in so many threads. But you can also absolutely be out of line.

You weren't alone, either. I opted to post openly this time because it turned into a nasty fracas when there was definitely no need.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:36 pm

If you think my stance in the OP is wrong for some reason please let me know. I stepped up to take the board over because I like it here and I wanted to let Larry be old in peace, but some of y'all have been here a lot longer than me and know a hell of a lot more about what lies beneath than I do.

Shoot me a PM or we can do it in the open if you'd prefer.

Guillaume

Post by Guillaume » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:50 pm

introclaus wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:41 am
Hi Claus,
I don't consider you a dick, but your constant bashing of Nos is really getting old here. Yes, he's really annoying at times but when it's too much for me, I just ignore him. No need to call him a moron every time.
Peace.
G

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:04 pm

I'm getting some feedback from folks, which I very much appreciate, and I want to make one thing super clear: your opinions on the music we love are fine, and I welcome them all even when I hate them.

Where we have a problem is when the attacks specifically target the people behind the opinion.

Other than that, there's no ban-happy folks here and there's no need for walking on eggshells or holding back your take on any given topic/post/band/album.

BC

Post by BC » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Thank you, Mardoch.
Is a song titled "Everybody Dies" supposed to sound so happy?
Doom, gloom, the World goes boom! None will be spared, so don't assume. Not ragged clothed nor silver spooned. You're all the same when extinction looms!

Scott B

Post by Scott B » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:47 am

Wow. That's what I get for starting a thread here. :roll:

I really don't care if people want to be dicks to each other in my posts. For those of us that go back beyond 20 years, there have been some classic scuffles now and again. The only difference was that they used to be about the music, not about a lot of cock-waving and ass-sniping.

When Facebook starts to look more civilized and sincere about discovering and sharing new music, perhaps it is indeed time to call it a day.

Digital Man

Post by Digital Man » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Thanks for stepping up and posting this Mardoch. What I like most about this board is that for the most part it's drama free. It's our own little oasis on the internet. Sure we disagree every now and then and even get in arguments, but we're mostly civil to each other here. Not trying to pick sides or call anyone out, but can't we all just get along? I hope we can try and put the negativity behind us and get back to what makes this place special.