John Finberg - booking titan appears to be a sleazeball asshole

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Psychotic Symphony

John Finberg - booking titan appears to be a sleazeball asshole

Post by Psychotic Symphony » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:46 am

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/09/28/s ... speak-out/

Do you think us 5 people on the board can arrange a boycott? Considering I work with victims of people like him he is someone that I can only detest, I can hope he either finds help to redeem himself or rot in an unmarked grave.
So -that's- where the humidifier went.

Mardoch
Site Admin

Re: John Finberg - booking titan appears to be a sleazeball asshole

Post by Mardoch » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:58 pm

I'll take option 2 for someone like him.

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:31 am

I think the interesting thing here is to witness how fast bands are dropping him now. Whether he is guilty or not is a different matter that i don't want to get into (no smoke w/o a fire?), but the fact that bands who've been making a paycheck through him for years are now actively dropping him is truly interesting.

It's like the scale of morality has tipped in favor of losing credibility (and money) if they stayed on his roster much longer.

The list of bands who've come out and said they will cease to work w him is quite comprehensive: Nightwish, Amorphis, Angra, Kamelot, Omnium Gatherum, Sonata Arctica, Swallow the Sun, Hammerfall, Delain, Amaranthe ....

So sure, let's cut the ties and show solidarity with whatever movement is going on, and hopefully people will think that we've always felt this way and we just weren't aware of what's going on. Good on those who dropped him long ago as they didn't want to witness this alleged behavior (certain bands like Epica a.o. made that choice years ago, and same for certain booking agents and venues, who obviously can speak for themselves).

The morale is that if you're aware of something like this potentially going on, drop that shit right away - don't wait till the moment where the bad PR outweighs your potential income. Yes, we all need a paycheck, but there are certain things that you don't want to be associated with.

Claus Jensen

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:46 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:31 am
The morale is that if you're aware of something like this potentially going on, drop that shit right away - don't wait till the moment where the bad PR outweighs your potential income. Yes, we all need a paycheck, but there are certain things that you don't want to be associated with.
100%. I'm glad he's getting dumped now, but his shittiness has been referred to repeatedly as one of the worst kept open secrets in the business. Why did people stick with him for so long when "everyone knew?"